Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's your J. League Team?

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Well if it isn't Shimizu S-Pulse (and it should be), then you could do worse than Montedio Yamagata. This weekend they just CLINCHED promotion to J1 for the first time in their history, and they wear a rather FETCHING strip of blue and white stripes - the only team in Japan to do so.

476924417_a850bbd25e.jpg

images

Do we have any sister teams? Might be time to START. :)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
They play football in Japan? Well I never!

Oct 25, 2003
japanese people are f***ing awesome. how big is football over there? does their league get decent crowds?

i've always fancied obtaining a j-league team, and i think now is the time to START

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't have a J League team, but I do have an MLS team

<-------------------------- I'm even a paid up member of the supporters club. :)

Mar 13, 2008
Is it true they cant draw in japan??

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
The Mighty Kashima ANTLERS! :clap2:

A win this weekend and that's their 6th title out of 16 since the J. League started. Double the nearest other team. I can't help but have a grudging respect for them!

About the drawing thing, there used to be no draws until 1999 with every game going to a shootout! That's long gone I'm happy to say!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
see THIS is how to get behind a team

[yt]m_MKJzgUthA[/yt]

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
ShizuDoru
Your lot have all but condemned my beloved JEF United Chiba to the backwaters of J2.

Need to beat FC Tokyo on Saturday and hope Jubilo Iwata and Tokyo Verdy both lose.

I hope Kashima cock it right up at Sapporo and Nagoya win it at Oita Trinita. Can't see it happening though.

How the hell Shinji Okazaki has got in the national team is a mystery to me. Can you explain please.

Seiichiro Maki and Hisato Sato on (or off even) the bench. What a joke.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
ShizuDoru
Your lot have all but condemned my beloved JEF United Chiba to the backwaters of J2.

Need to beat FC Tokyo on Saturday and hope Jubilo Iwata and Tokyo Verdy both lose.

I hope Kashima cock it right up at Sapporo and Nagoya win it at Oita Trinita. Can't see it happening though.

How the hell Shinji Okazaki has got in the national team is a mystery to me. Can you explain please.

Seiichiro Maki and Hisato Sato on (or off even) the bench. What a joke.

I'll be doing my bit for the JEF cause (although it's more about wanting to see Jubilo drop!) - I'll be at the Yamaha cheering for Omiya and hoping they beat Iwata and send them down. :thumbsup:

If JEF do go down it will one of the greatest ever almost-but-not-quite escapes. After they lost nine in a rown at the start or whatever it was, I thought they had no chance. For that alone I want you to stay up (at Jubilo's exspense!)

Okazaki... well yeah. He's a good young striker, and he's come a long way this year. But as for national team material just yet... I dunno - it seems a bit of a circus with Okada in the hot seat, and I don't pay much attention if I'm honest!

Last edited:

I'll be doing my bit for the JEF cause (although it's more about wanting to see Jubilo drop!) - I'll be at the Yamaha cheering for Omiya and hoping they beat Iwata and send them down. :thumbsup:

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Jubilo are going to SMASH Omiya (the OTHER orange clowns of Japan) out of sight and secure J-League survival, with a hat-trick from SUPERHERO Rob Cullen.

Jubilo, IWATA! Jubilo, IWATA!

:dance:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
It's all about NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGATA

AlbivexNigHSS0607.gif

AlbiREX REX REX

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here