Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's Tinpot ???

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Strange how they were all so quiet after we beat Chelsea on the same day they lost to Welling, yet one League Cup defeat while they scraped past Exeter and they're crawling out of the woodwork left, right and centre.

And its the other way round on the BBS, funny old game.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Gus played his strongest side. Dougie never.
Who is taking it seriously?

Your team last night was pretty strong. Maybe your gk changed, and Parr but honestly who else? For us Buckley, Crofts, CMS might have played if fit or not on international duty.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I dont use the "Tin pot" word....but all closed season we have been hearing from a lot of Brighton fans:

How Brighton are going to tear up this league and get premoted.
How Palace will be relegated before Xmas..I have also read that some of your fans think we will plumet straight into league 2!
How BHA are in the top 10 best supported teams in the country
How Palace lie and cheat about thier gates and only get 5000.
How shit our ground is and how lovely yours is. (this point you are right but dont forget where you were 3 years ago and how long it has taken to get the Amex)
How you beat Chelsea and how we lost to welling (pre season friendlies FFS!)

So even you lot must see how we might have a little smirk on our faces when in the first proper game of the season you get dumped 3.0 by a team a league below!! and reading your boards last night..christ sake guys, get a grip.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Strange how they were all so quiet after we beat Chelsea on the same day they lost to Welling, yet one League Cup defeat while they scraped past Exeter and they're crawling out of the woodwork left, right and centre.
You beat me to it...when we beat Chelsea...could you hear the Palace sing...NNoooo! NNooo! I made a bet with myself last night...(which I won BTW) that after the result last night we'd get plonkers from Palace on here giving it large....did we hear a whisper when Welling turned them over..no! I will bet now £100 that we finish higher then Palace this season...any takers Palace...or do you just talk the talk...?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I dont use the "Tin pot" word....but all closed season we have been hearing from a lot of Brighton fans:

How Palace will be relegated before Xmas..I have also read that some of your fans think we will plumet straight into league 2!
How shit our ground is and how lovely yours is. (this point you are right but dont forget where you were 3 years ago and how long it has taken to get the Amex)

So even you lot must see how we might have a little smirk on our faces when in the first proper game of the season you get dumped 3.0 by a team a league below!! and reading your boards last night..christ sake guys, get a grip.

BAN

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Gus was smiling at the end of the game, and looked entirely comfortable to be going out of the Crapital One Cup.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

f*** me, did you go to school?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

Hmmmmmmm , not so sure about that , be surprised if Harley and Dicker were in the starting line up and Nooney would've been bench at best if so.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Strange how one result brings all the Palace fucktards out in numbers. No sign of them when the adults are talking about the overall state of their club but one result and they're on here gloating. Hey fucktards-it's August 15, let's see how many of you are gloating next May.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Christ almighty.

If you believe any of those are/were serious comments then you are a fool. I haven't seen anything of the sort, few people think we'll get promoted, most think we're in with a shout of making the playoffs. Few people think you're in with a shout of relegation, which isn't exactly unbelievable is it? Look at the bookies odds. Don't believe anyone has genuinely said you'll go straight to L2 with any degree of sincerity

Top 10 season tickets, that's a fact so can't really argue over that.

No one has ever said you have 5000 crowds have they?
Your fans seemed to find it hilarious that our reserve team blew a 2-0 lead and lost to Hastings 3-2 so don't come crowing on here about the Welling result being 'only pre season' when your fans are exactly the same as ours.

You didn't notice the complete lack of effort from most of the players last night then? They really couldn't give two shites that they lost. Neither can I and I can guarantee you, neither does Gus

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We dodged a bullet as swindon got stoke away. Thread closed.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Palace calling us tinpot? Jesus what next :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here