Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Doesn't matter really.

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
As I'm off to get soaked tonight at the footy, it means the missus is going to have to fend for herself. Nothing particuarly noteworthy in that except, I've just been thinking it invariably me who does all the sodding cooking at home. Don't get me wrong, I love cooking, but if, for whatever reason, I can't be arsed, we end up with a takeaway. It's usually indicative of the fact she can't be arsed either.

Also, I have to clear and clean up 'you made the mess, you clear it up'. As opposed to when she cooks it's 'fair's fair, I made the meal, you can clear it away...'

But then, I think I am the better cook (probably because I am the only bloody cook). So what about your household? Who prefers to do cooking? Who is better at cooking? Or is it a sore point that woud end up involving arguments and ultimately lawyers?

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We're about the same, and both pretty good. Mrs P does 99% of weekday cooking as I work in London, and I cook most weekends, especially the Sunday roast. If we're having friends round for dinner, we generally cook together.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Pretty much the same as you. Will get a takeaway if I don't cook as food poisoning is not pleasant.

Let her off as she's filth in the bedroom!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I am the better cook, though the misses normally cooks. This is due to the fact that by the time I get in from work etc it is late.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
As I'm off to get soaked tonight at the footy, it means the missus is going to have to fend for herself. Nothing particuarly noteworthy in that except, I've just been thinking it invariably me who does all the sodding cooking at home. Don't get me wrong, I love cooking, but if, for whatever reason, I can't be arsed, we end up with a takeaway. It's usually indicative of the fact she can't be arsed either.

Also, I have to clear and clean up 'you made the mess, you clear it up'. As opposed to when she cooks it's 'fair's fair, I made the meal, you can clear it away...'

But then, I think I am the better cook (probably because I am the only bloody cook). So what about your household? Who prefers to do cooking? Who is better at cooking? Or is it a sore point that woud end up involving arguments and ultimately lawyers?

Judging by the size of you i would say your missus was the better cook.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Judging by the size of you i would say your missus was the better cook.

Why would someones size have any bearing on who cooked them the meal? Surely it's the content of the meal that matters?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Only cook, so both best and worst...on a good day my food is pretty tasty, on a bad day it is edible...most people I have cooked for have been pleasantly surprised, none have died from the effects of food poisoning.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mrs Kraay does all of it weekdays. I do some at weekends. I'm not bad at it, but I am LAZY.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh, and of course, if there is a BBQ in the offing, I DO IT. It is a mans perrogative, and no woman should EVER be allowed ANYWHERE near a bar-b-q

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its a well documented fact I cant be ARSED to cook. Hate it hate it hate.

Anyone wants to cook for me then fine. I dont even mind washing up.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Why would someones size have any bearing on who cooked them the meal? Surely it's the content of the meal that matters?

I'm assured that size really does matter.............

...................but what's that got to do with food?:D

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Oh, and of course, if there is a BBQ in the offing, I DO IT. It is a mans perrogative, and no woman should EVER be allowed ANYWHERE near a bar-b-q
Unless it's to bring the chef another beer. Then they are allowed for a maximum period of 10 seconds (whilst you neck what's left in the bottle for her to take back to the kitchen for recycling).

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Unless it's to bring the chef another beer. Then they are allowed for a maximum period of 10 seconds (whilst you neck what's left in the bottle for her to take back to the kitchen for recycling).

:bowdown: :thumbsup: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here