Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's going to the Olympic footie at Wembley on Sunday?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Looking forward to seeing Senegal v Uruguay, then Team GB v UAE.
Who else is going?
Haven't got a flag but thinking of wearing an Albion shirt - anyone else going in colours?:bhasign:

Not sure what the etiquette is on these occasions. If there is one. :dunce:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm seeing Mexico v Switzerland, then GB v Uruguay, at Cardiff on Wednesday.

And also a QF at Wembley next Saturday - featuring the winners of the GB group. (so not GB)

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Fully expecting the WEM-BER-LY crowd to get behind the team more than the MANCS did.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Fully expecting the WEM-BER-LY crowd to get behind the team more than the MANCS did.

Certainly hope so, although it's going to be interesting - and possibly amusing - to see what songs we can come up with ...

'Great Brit-ain ...' instead of 'Inger-lund' I guess. Singing anything with 'Team GB' in it is going to sound laughably silly. :lolol:

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham

i wouldent hold your breath mate last nights crowd seemed to be 40% mums and dads 60% kids (most of whome had never been to a footbal match before) is there some no chanting law allso distinct lack of club flags (unlike at england games )

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
there needs to be some songs, not that I can think of any.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I went to the Old Trafford matches yesterday, The atmosphere was different - a bit like sitting in the family stand, but I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

I wore a Team GB top, but loads of fans were in colours - I was sandwiched between a Gillingham fan and a couple of Wolves fans.

Look out for the 2 bothers paying for the UAE - they are flair.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Looking forward to seeing Senegal v Uruguay, then Team GB v UAE.
Who else is going?
Haven't got a flag but thinking of wearing an Albion shirt - anyone else going in colours?:bhasign:

Not sure what the etiquette is on these occasions. If there is one. :dunce:

I feel I need to pull you up on this post.

Firstly, it's football not footie.

Secondly, no of course no one else is going.

Thirdly, no one gives a f*** about your choice of clothing or anyone elses for that matter.

Fourthly etiquette? Stop being a **** would probably be the first thing I'd suggest.

f***ing Olympics are pissing me off already and the f***ing things haven't even started yet! It's daft sports for people who don't like sport!

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
I feel I need to pull you up on this post.

Firstly, it's football not footie.

Secondly, no of course no one else is going.

Thirdly, no one gives a f*** about your choice of clothing or anyone elses for that matter.

Fourthly etiquette? Stop being a **** would probably be the first thing I'd suggest.

f***ing Olympics are pissing me off already and the f***ing things haven't even started yet! It's daft sports for people who don't like sport!

cor what a happy chappy:whistle:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I'm seeing Mexico v Switzerland, then GB v Uruguay, at Cardiff on Wednesday.

And also a QF at Wembley next Saturday - featuring the winners of the GB group. (so not GB)

Im going to the QF at Wembley sat... I thought it was the Runners up in the GB group not the winners??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here