Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's been on a stag do in Prague?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems you are keeping up the reputation of Brits being drunken troublemakers abroad then:lolol:

Prague 'trouble hotspot' for Brits abroad

Prague has emerged as a top trouble spot for Britons travelling abroad due to the "massive influx" of stag and hen parties to the Czech Republic capital.

The Foreign Office reported a "disproportionate number" of lost passports, arrests and people being taken to hospital when visiting Prague. As a result the Czech Republic features as one of the countries where most consular assistance is required.

Prague is one of many European cities served by budget flights, attracting stag and hen parties due to its cheap alcohol and accommodation.

India, Thailand and Australis appeared alongside the Czech Republic in the top ten countries where British travellers required consular help.

FO figures for the year to March 5 found that 1,368 Britons were arrested in the US, 955 hospitalised in Greece, 376 deaths in France and more than 6,000 lost thier passports in Spain.

Greece had the highest number of rapes (48) followed by Spain (41) and Turkey (38).

Greece - the sixth most popular country to visit - also emerged as having the sixth highest number of arrests at 226.

The highest number of arrests of British travellers occured in Spain (1,529), the country most visited (13.7 million).

Foreign Office minister Meg Munn said: "Simple precautions like researching your destination, getting comprehensive travel insurance, checking out medical requirements and taking copies of important documents could help avoid common travelling traumas, ricks and dangers in the long-run."

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I like the way that this has been hyped up to be a major problem and yet, at the end of the story, reveals that in the place with the highest number of arrests, just about 0.01 percent of visitors had their collars felt.

It's scarcely the breakdown of human civilisation as we know it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Im organising a stag trip to Prague next summer (as Best Man). Should be about 15 of us. Never been. Cant WAIT.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Im organising a stag trip to Prague next summer (as Best Man). Should be about 15 of us. Never been. Cant WAIT.

Although I've been to Prague many times, I've never been on a stag do...not just to Prague but to anywhere. As I'm now 50 I doubt whether I will

Is this unusual?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I went on a Stag do to Prague. The Stag ended up getting pepper sprayed and spending an evening in the local cells after losing his ticket in one of the "Girly" bars and being told he had to cough up £50 as a result and refusing.

several links on here, including my own "cultural" review back last November.

You will have fun.;)

Although I've been to Prague many times, I've never been on a stag do...not just to Prague but to anywhere. As I'm now 50 I doubt whether I will

Is this unusual?
"To be loved by anyone"?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
When I was there pre-EU, they didn't like the English very much, but Slovakia was far, far worse. Never had I been so glad to have a harp on my passport.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton

Went there last June for my stag do ( 8 of us) had a wicked time, beer is unbelievably cheap, but make sure you get to see the city, it really is beautiful.

the girls are the most stunning i've seen in any european city. :thumbsup:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I went to Prague a couple of years ago on a lads holiday, and I'm off on another stag trip in a couple of weeks. Never had any trouble...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
When I was there pre-EU, they didn't like the English very much, but Slovakia was far, far worse. Never had I been so glad to have a harp on my passport.

I've been to Prague many times, my first couple of times were when it was still Communist and I've never experienced any hostility. In fact, I'd say it was one of the friendliest and most hospitable cities I've been to, with people going out of their way to be helpful.

I haven't been there since it joined the EU, so it might have changed in the past couple of years.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I've been to Prague many times, my first couple of times were when it was still Communist and I've never experienced any hostility. In fact, I'd say it was one of the friendliest and most hospitable cities I've been to, with people going out of their way to be helpful.

You probably weren't skateboarding at 2am though :lolol::lolol:

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Do the staropramen beer tour :drink:

the 'tourguides' are lurvely :love:

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Two things about Prague: