Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you prefer in the twilight of their career?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If we could only have one former great or one legend who would it be? Beckham, Zamora, Owen?

Zamora very marginally over Beckham for me.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
At face value it's a no brainer. Bobby as he's got form for us and is an Albion folk hero. However, Becks would be interesting. He'd get the Albion name known all over the world and bring in a new audience to fill up that lovely new ground.

Not going to happen though.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Owen was reliant on pace partly and is just a finisher otherwise. Zamora would not only be more passionate here and a true legend but when he's getting on a bit I think he'd still be nearer his best than Owen will and able to contribute in all aspects of the game, not just the final touch into the net.

Beckham should go to West Ham I think!

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney

Dont know why that wont work...never mind. It was'nt a serious one!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Zamora is a living legend at this club and has expressed an strong interest in playing here so it's pretty straight forward.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Bobby, no contest.

Mind you, if Xavi is stuck for something to do at some stage...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Beckham now a slow one footed old pro who can cross a ball and is excellent at deadball situations and would expect the team to be built around him, er no thanks

Owen, a player who pulls something everytime he increases his pace from a jog, err no thanks either

Bobby by a country mile for me

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Beckham should not return to the prem. I never used to have much time for Becks years ago but I got to say he has grown on me. Great bloke, great ambassador for England and was a great footballer.. I think the prem will be far to quick for him and he will be exposed and shown up now. Dont do it Becks, you are not a top end prem player anymore. There is a place for you here, pulling the strings in our midfield......lol.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Jordi cruff

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
at this level, Beckham by a mile. i'm not even a fan, but play him in the middle of the park and he would demolish teams in League 1 and most Championship just spraying the ball around. would need some decent strikers/wingers to get on the end though.

Owen would also make these defenders cry, if he stays off the treatment table long enough, which is unlikly as they'll be knocking lumps out of him.

Zamora, played down in the trenches before and will give as good as he gets, would be great. shame we have to wait another few years for his "twilight".

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If it were to be the super Bobby Z then, given he's 30, when would we see him in stripes again? 2013/14? (guess this depends on where we are than 2011/12 in the championship)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here