Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will Noone replace?

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Assuming Noone is signed in time for the Orient game -(logistics & legalities on other threads!)-, if you were Gus, would you start him and, if so, instead of whom?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I thought Gus was after two or 3 players in this window?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Who the hell is this No-one? I've never heard of him and by the looks of PLymouth he's hardly going to set the world alight. The way everyone on here is talking is that Noone is the messiah sent to raise us up to teh championship with 30 goals before the season is out. I hope you are all proved right.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I can't see Wood being brought back on loan again if we do bring in this special striker or a striker in general, so that would put Murray and the new striker together, Noone, Bennett, Dicker and Kish/Sparrow/Bridcutt with the normal back five.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Who the hell is this No-one? I've never heard of him and by the looks of PLymouth he's hardly going to set the world alight. The way everyone on here is talking is that Noone is the messiah sent to raise us up to teh championship with 30 goals before the season is out. I hope you are all proved right.

I tend to agree with you there.We signed that player Wright? for £100k based on a friendly against us and look what happened to him.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I can't see Wood being brought back on loan again if we do bring in this special striker or a striker in general, so that would put Murray and the new striker together, Noone, Bennett, Dicker and Kish/Sparrow/Bridcutt with the normal back five.

who is this "SPECIAL" striker? The only name on here seems to be of some average at best league one player.

Last edited:

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
If Calde wasn't suspended:

D: Calderon - El Abd - Greer - Painter
M: Bennett - Dicker/Sparrow - Bridcutt/Kish - Noone

Until Calde is back (assuming we don't sign anyone else):

D: Bennett - El Abd - Greer - Painter
M: Dicker - Bridcutt/Kish - Sparrow - Noone

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I tend to agree with you there.We signed that player Wright? for £100k based on a friendly against us and look what happened to him.

and he was a good player for us, in the few chances he got...but just not part of Poyet's plans

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

I'm not sure you can really compare a conference player to one who has been getting pretty decent reviews in our league. Hasn't he been directly involved in about 60% of their goals? I must admit I haven't heard too much of him though but I have faith in Gus.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If Calde wasn't suspended:

D: Calderon - El Abd - Greer - Painter
M: Bennett - Dicker/Sparrow - Bridcutt/Kish - Noone

Until Calde is back (assuming we don't sign anyone else):

D: Bennett - El Abd - Greer - Painter
M: Dicker - Bridcutt/Kish - Sparrow - Noone

I'll go with that - I've said for a long time that I think Bennett would make a Championship class winger but a Premiership class full back

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I'll go with that - I've said for a long time that I think Bennett would make a Championship class winger but a Premiership class full back

If only we had 2 of him! Definitely think that is the way to go until Calde is back because Bridcutt or Kish can drop back while we attack while Bennett pushes forward, essentially acting as a wing-back. No idea how he doesn't burn himself out!!

Last edited:

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Dicker is amazing! I think the problem with our squad is that we have too many good midfielders, and we are going to end up not playing some which would make them upset :( I'd never want to leave out Dicker, or Bridcutt, or Kish, or Sparrow or Bennett and Noone is needed on the left, so goose darned it, we have a 'too good' midfield!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Ankergren

Bennett - Greer - El-Abd - Painter
Bridcutt
Sparrow - Dicker
Noone
Murray - Wood

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here