Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who was there??

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
At Brentford, when Gary Nelson scored one of the best ever goals for Brighton, small pitch invasion too! sadly no tv coverage. Great day!

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
Rusty, Also remember C D on the pitch, running in and out the way of stewards and old bill, then just making it back into the Brighton end before he got nabbed

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
The very first football match I saw was Brighton v Brentford approx 1976/7 in a minor cup game. We didn´t bloody beat them then either. Yes was at the game when Garry Nelson Scored. Brought up in Shepherds Bush so always easy to get to Brentford when we played there but not always rewarding!

gong

Oct 13, 2003
T/Wells
I was there a great day out and one of the best goals if not the best that Nelson scored for us.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Me too, but I was in the main stand watching the game with my uncle who is a Brentford fan...(if we hadn't moved to Sussex when I was the tender age of 5 I suspect that I might have become a Bee rather than a Seagull)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i made it just past the half way line expecting the hoards of pringles to be behind me..,then looked behind me.
Ah well at least somebody in the blue and white stripes other than gary has ventured into thier half over the years.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Probably the best goal I've ever seen live! A great day out with me mates, a 1-2 win and a wonder goal.

Pure bliss.

Sorry to be pedantic but we won 2-0...1st rnd FAC...14/11/87
It was a brilliant goal and I would love to see it again. It gets better as the years go by...can't remember how many players he beat but I would guess it was at least 4.
Nelson just caught fire that season and 32 goals for a winger was sensational.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
I've also just remembered Garry's goal at home v Bristol City, later that same season, when he came steaming in from the wing and unleashed a screaming 25yarder into the top corner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here