Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who to replace Bridcutt?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Depending on whether we stick with two defensive midfielders or not; Reyes (or calderon with reyes at right back), Vincelot, Dicker, Razak, Harley, Forster-Caskey are all options, or two wingers is an option leaving navarro and vicente central.

Guess there's also the option of el abd in midfield with dunk in centre back.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Gus is full of surprises (taking off Barnes today being one of them).... As a fan that will not lose any sleep if we fail to get promotion this season, I'd like to see us play with only one holding midfielder and start in midfield with... Buckers, Navs, Vicente and Razak or KLL.... CMS and Vokes up top... Although CMS looked and played like a sub when he came on today, I would still like to see them two start together.

This...

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Clueless! - don't think so, Dicker is a good L1 player, but very average champ player. Dicker has never had a game like Razak did against Ipswich at home. Simply cant compare

sorry, but have to take issue with this.......who, in our side on current form and compared to some opposing players you have seen this season, would you describe as a 'Championship player ?' Our success this season is founded on the work ethic bred into the players by the coaching staff working week in week out......world beaters they're not going to be, but think you're being a bit unkind to Dicker with your sweeping statement.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Clueless! - don't think so, Dicker is a good L1 player, but very average champ player. Dicker has never had a game like Razak did against Ipswich at home. Simply cant compare

Dicker was ever present at the start of the season when we won 7 out of our first 8 games. Razak had one good game and then has looked mediocre. I know who I would prefer.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I think too early for Dicker, i reckon be Jaro Reyes or Razak but Poyet doesnt seem to be that impressed with Razak, who was brillant on his home debut but i have heard his attitude and work rate at Doncaster was awful and since then in home games hasnt looked that great of a player

mrbigshot

Dec 15, 2009
Mid Sussex
Hopefully Dicker, when we played earlier this season mackail-smith scored more. It would be interesting to see the teams and formation when he played and when we were top of the league - did we play Barnes and Mackail Smith up front together?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am leaning towards an unusual approach that may unsettle other teams who have had us watched. Bring Dunk into the back four and play El Abd in the role that Bailey played for Middlebro yesterday as a very defensive midfielder just in front of the back four.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I saw him at the Twang gig at Concord 2 last night, Bridcutt that is, told him i loved him a few times.......

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My sons argued with me that Lua Lua got booked for a tackle that Bridcutt committed so that he didn't get a 2nd yellow and I was most adamant that Bridcutt was nowhere near the incident. We saw him leaving as we left the North Stand so I asked him to clarify it for us and he said that it was definitely Kazenga he wasn't involved but found it quite funny that others could suggest that he was,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here