Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who to replace Bridcutt?

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So Liam is out for the next two games. A virtual ever present a key player for us. I'm not sure we had another midfielder in his mould to come in and replace him. So who will we go for?

Reyes is back from suspension next game and played midfield for WBA in the team that went up from this division. We've played him there once and he didn't look great. Do we give him another chance?

Razak is the other obvious option. However, he hasn't had much game time for a while now. Not sure Gus fancies him.

Does Gus go more attacking and replace him with a JFC or Dicker?

Alternatively he could just play with Vicente and Navs in the middle and have Lua Lua and Buckley on the wings. This may be too attacking considering the games coming up though.

So what would you do?

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Should be Razak but on the basis Dicker was on the bench today ahead of him I doubt that will happen

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
So Liam is out for the next two games. A virtual ever present a key player for us. I'm not sure we had another midfielder in his mould to come in and replace him. So who will we go for?

Reyes is back from suspension next game and played midfield for WBA in the team that went up from this division. We've played him there once and he didn't look great. Do we give him another chance?

Razak is the other obvious option. However, he hasn't had much game time for a while now. Not sure Gus fancies him.

Alternatively he could just play with Vicente and Navs in the middle and have Lua Lua and Buckley on the wings. This may be too attacking considering the games coming up though.

So what would you do?

Got to be Razak all the time for me - baffled if Dicker gets ahead of him

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It'll be Navs and Dicker.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Would be a huge ask for Dicker to come straight in at this stage of the season bearing in mind his lengthy lay off. Razak seems the obvious choice for me whilst we use Dicker as sub to ease him back into first team action gently.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I would like to see Vincelot given the chance.

Exactly what I was going to say. Think he could work with Navarro well. He's been making the bench recently as well (although don't think he's made it on to the pitch?) so may well be performing in training.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Gus really rates Dicker so if he's fit enough he'll probably be in.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Hopefully Dicker, will link up really well with Navarro (familiarity) and Vicente

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It could be Dixie back in the side after Gus said he would change personnel for the away games because players were not following orders. Nooney and CMS back in the starting line up too.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

So what would you do?

Razak or Assulin

Last edited:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
After naming Dicker on the bench today I was surprised he didn't get the last 10 mins.... Understandable as the game wasn't safe I know, but a bit surprised all the same!

I don't think he'll come straight back in from the start.... Not sure who will replace Bridders TBH.

Gus is full of surprises (taking off Barnes today being one of them).... As a fan that will not lose any sleep if we fail to get promotion this season, I'd like to see us play with only one holding midfielder and start in midfield with... Buckers, Navs, Vicente and Razak or KLL.... CMS and Vokes up top... Although CMS looked and played like a sub when he came on today, I would still like to see them two start together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here