Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who really believes we will be in the championship for opening season at Falmer

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I do :clap:

With Gus at the helm, Blooms money and some intervention from fate it CAN happen

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Yep I do.

Gus can get us playing football that can make us beat anyone in this league on our day, as we saw at Southampton. If we can replicate that consistently then we will be up near the top of the league next May.

Some have suggested that we could reach the playoffs this season, I am unconvinced but, Ian Dowie came in to Palase a few years ago at Christmas time when they were in the relegation zone and got them into the playoffs that year. So anything, however improbable it seems, is possible

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If bloom has as much cash as we think he does and if he is really prepared to spend BIG in the summer then yes, but not if we clear out the team, get rid of the some of the deadwood like hawkins and buy perhaps 5-6 really great purchases and we will be out this league in a flash, a decent center back and a new striker to play alongside murray for starters, plus 1 attacking midfielder, one left winger and a keeper.

Last edited:

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Championship? Pah we will be in the Prem playing teams like Villa :rolleyes:

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
sorry but no chance even if we get abig transfer fund the new players need to be playing together for a while cant see it happening for at least 2 more seasons:down:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's possible but I don't think it will happen.

It takes time to build a winning team, just look how long it's taken Leeds to get out of this division. I think next season we'll be top 10 at least possibly making it into the play-offs.

The first season at Falmer I think will give the club the boost it needs to go up, as long as Gus is still in charge

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Maybe, but I would have liked to see the spine of the new team started in this window. It is a big ask to hit the ground running with a new squad next season.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Obviously no chance this season, however, when leeds and Charlton f*** off back into the Championship, I can see the league really opening up for us. Its in our hands really. Definately can happen.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Obviously no chance this season, however, when leeds and Charlton f*** off back into the Championship, I can see the league really opening up for us. Its in our hands really. Definately can happen.

Good point. I would love to see Charlton, Leeds and Norwich go up this season, just so we have a clear run next season. They are three sides that I am always resigned to defeat against.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'd like to think so, why not? I guess a lot depends on the calibre of team that comes down from The Championship this season.

Playoffs I can see, and with the incentive to win (plus the inherent pressure) being rather increased by the prospect of starting Falmer in the Championship.

Dream stuff doesn't always just happen because we want it to though, so I'd be prepared to wait for us to be ready and playing quality football. The new stadium still wouldn't be a terrible place to see us in this division and playing to bigger crowds and a better atmosphere at the matches.
I
just
want
us
to
get
there

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
its a big ask , but i think we are only 1 or 2 players away. the squad now has strength and competition for places which we havent had for a long time. plus when the summer comes we can get rid of the out of contract hangers on, thus freeing up more money. cant seeany reason why we will not be there or thereabouts next year.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I can't see it happening but reckon we'll be there or thereabouts.

It was the right thing to do in appointing Slade but it's a shame Poyet wasn't appointed instead as I'm sure we'd be in a different position now with a settled team built to really challenge next season.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I don't think this league will be as difficult next season if Leeds/Norwich and either Charlton or Huddersfield go up.The teams who are in the relegation zone in the championship don't look strong or concern me.League 2 teams look weak as well.
Only Southampton look a real decent team who will continue to spend.
We have every chance of going up next next and we have a lot of rubbish players who are out of contract in the summer as well.This won't give Gus a headache trying to offload.
I would put us down as dark horses next season.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I Think we will have 1st season at Falmer in div 1.The Withdean factor seems to drag everyone down so much.Then again will,knowing that we will be at Falmer,lift everyone.Lets hope so.I think I know what I mean. :shootself

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Good point. I would love to see Charlton, Leeds and Norwich go up this season, just so we have a clear run next season. They are three sides that I am always resigned to defeat against.

I would hate to see Leeds go up, just because they're Leeds and the way their juggernaut (sp?) has stalled in the league in recent weeks (if not in the cup) I have hopes that they will get dragged back into the play offs before the end of the season.

If what I've been told is correct (mate of a mate stuff) Bloom himself said that the £90m was like chucking away a few quid, a drop in the ocean and that there is plenty more where that came from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here