Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who knows where this is.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
It used to be a radio shop called 'Tilleys' or 'Tulleys'[?] and I use to wait for the bus [59] to take me to school by it.

And it was painted yellow.

Last edited:

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I'd go mental living there....It's like a prison..... but without the wide-screen telly and playstation paid for by my taxes.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Anyone remember the Ladbrokes a few doors up? It's a house now.

It's occupants report hearing ghostly voices whispering things like "for f***s sake come on" and then finding torn up betting slips all over the living room floor.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
They paid EIGHT GRAND for it.

I know it's teeny but I've seen houses that are only twice as big which cost over £100,000.

I think it's quite cute and it's still bigger than my flat.

I'd happily live there if it weren't for the shit location

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
They paid EIGHT GRAND for it.

I know it's teeny but I've seen houses that are only twice as big which cost over £100,000.

I think it's quite cute and it's still bigger than my flat.

I'd happily live there if it weren't for the shit location

You wouldn't fit in that house.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
well played for £8k.

i remember you could buy a terrace house in brighton in the early-mid 90's for 30-40k and get a grant from the council to refurbish it. apparently the universities took advantage and brought loads. and i turned down the option of a deposit for one as i wanted to go to uni in London rather than work to pay that (tiny) mortgage.:US:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
You wouldn't fit in that house.

Good point. I meant WERE I A MAN I would happily live there.

The saddest thing about this story is all the bitchy comments from Daily Mail readers beneath. Having gone through all the comments it seems everyone has an opinion on what a rip off it is (despite there being no mention of its rental cost), how dirty it is, how the landlords should be ashamed of themselves and how it isn't habitable.

Get over yourselves, it's just a quirky little house.

Interested though I am to read the story which I otherwise would never have seen being as I would never buy the Mail or venture on to their website on my own I do feel this says more about the Mail readers than it does the owners or tenants of this property.

And why are there so many comments from Americans getting all sneery?

Guess what America, our country is about a FIFTIETH of the size of yours so we don't have quite so much space to cram everybody in to and as a result we live in generally smaller properties.

If the story were about some con artists trying to rent this out to innocent victims having ignored building safety regulations or the council putting up a low income family in a property not fit for purpose then fair enough but it's just a human interest piece about somebody's little house. Nobody is claiming it should be this or that or that they don't want to live there.

I can't stand the way people are always so quick to criticise the way other people live.

"God you wouldn't catch me living in such squalor"

Well good for you, perhaps you can afford a town centre house with garden in one of Britain's most expensive cities

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here