Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is/was the greatest reggae singer of all time ?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Johnny Osbourne

'Truths and Rights' is my favourite Reggae Album.

unklbrian

Feb 4, 2012
just a shoutup - Pioneers and Dennis Alcapone at Brighton Ska Festival , May 13th at Concorde

Ps - love Johnny Osbourne's ' Sing Jay Stylee' of Truth & Rights - shine dem shoes !!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
All too easy to say Bob Marley (fair call by the way) but there are so many other greats to choose from. Personally , I would pick one from Jimmy Cliff, Peter Tosh or Sugar Minott with an honourable mention for Burning Spear. Come on all you NSC reggae fans , what say you ?.

I liked Peter Tosh

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
David Hinds has got to be up there. A unique voice who is always turning up on my iPod. John Holt is another good call. Ali Baba is a tune that always reminds me of good times.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Dennis Brown

Dennis Brown would probably top my list too, but it's a very very hard call - there's just so many Reggae vocalists that do it for me everytime. Funnily enough I prefer Junior Reid's version of the tune you've posted.

[yt]_14AhAEUnfM[/yt]

Out of the many many top Dennis tunes I'd go for this. Maybe because as a very impressionable young reggae fan I saw this on Channel 4 at the time and it just sent tingles down my spine, and still does to this day.

[yt]qUO_bQSszxo[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here