Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who does first,Mancini or Tevez ?

Erp

Sep 30, 2011
Kent
Check the odds at the 'Bookie's' and Mancini is even money. I think he will walk.

If Tevez wins this one it's the end of football as we know it....... well ok maybe not quite that bad, but surely he can't get away with his petulant behaviour

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
who does what first :moo:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If Tevez wins this one it's the end of football as we know it....... well ok maybe not quite that bad, but surely he can't get away with his petulant behaviour

But Tevez will win this. He'll either by sacked by City and ends up elsewhere (which is what he wanted), stays there until the end of his contract being paid £250k a week for doing nothing or gets taken back after a big City climbdown. I can't see him being a loser in any of those scenarios.

I said on Tuesday night that Mancini doesn't come out of this too well - I can see him going before Tevez.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
strange odd, presumably market is which leaves first? skybet has Tevez to play again for 10/11 but to leave ManCity past Feb at 1/5. next manager to leave, Manici is 16/1.

from all the wrting on the issue, Mancini seems to have the backing of the owners, probably sell for 20-30m in the January window.

though i have wondered this myself, would it come down to Tevez or Mancini - back him or sack him? certainly Mancini would be the cheaper option. however the trouble with Tevez has been brewing for some time, and everyone sees it will be resolved until he leaves.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Whatever happened to Terry Mancini ? Or even his brother Henry...... he was a diamond.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Whatever happened to Terry Mancini ? Or even his brother Henry...... he was a diamond.

He used to have a sports shop in Hammersmith, don't know if it's still there. I used to walk past it regularly when I was going out with a nurse from Charing Cross hospital - but that was 25 years ago so it's probably a tapas bar or a mobile phone shop now.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
But Tevez will win this. He'll either by sacked by City and ends up elsewhere (which is what he wanted), stays there until the end of his contract being paid £250k a week for doing nothing or gets taken back after a big City climbdown. I can't see him being a loser in any of those scenarios.

I said on Tuesday night that Mancini doesn't come out of this too well - I can see him going before Tevez.

The one thing I haven't heard anyone talk about is 'breach of contract'. Surely there is a case for Tevez to answer on this? He entered into a contract where City agreed to pay gazillions in return for him agreeing to play for them. It's all very well to fine him 2 weeks wages but I would think they should be looking to recover punative damages for his refusal to honour his contract? By 'Punative' you need to consider what winning the CL would bring and treble it for damage to City's reputation. Let Tevez argue his way out of that.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
But Tevez will win this.
Not sure about this. Man City could sue him for breach of contract, and try to recover the transfer fee that they lost out on, directly from Tevez.

Of course, Tevez would pay it as he just wants out. But if they claimed compensation on top of the transfer fee money it could run into tens of millions.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Are you suggesting that Mancini fabricated the Tevez story in order to buy him sympathy and a massive payout for constructive dismissal when he walks out?

No,just think the board will not at the end of the day back Mancini.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's all very well to fine him 2 weeks wages but I would think they should be looking to recover punative damages for his refusal to honour his contract? By 'Punative' you need to consider what winning the CL would bring and treble it for damage to City's reputation. Let Tevez argue his way out of that.

Not sure about this. Man City could sue him for breach of contract, and try to recover the transfer fee that they lost out on, directly from Tevez.

Of course, Tevez would pay it as he just wants out. But if they claimed compensation on top of the transfer fee money it could run into tens of millions.

They could sue him for breach of contract but it's not certain City would win that. If he went on strike, yes, possibly, but he refused to go on for a single game. The court probably wouldn't see that as a wholesale breach of contract. If he continued to refuse, then I'm sure they'd have a case.

As for the idea that City would get punitive damages - not a chance in hell of that.

The only way that Tevez could lose would be if FIFA banned him from all football and I can't see that happening.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

Yep yhis whole scenario does not say much for Mancinis man management.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here