Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you want from the shortlist?

Who do you want?

• Total voters

buller89

Aug 9, 2007
Horsham
Poyet in with Peter Taylor. Would give us some publicity and Poyet will be desperate to make his career as a manager. He is also taking his Uefa pro licence at the moment.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
No brainer, Poyet... As said on another thread, he will get bums back on seats as well as hopefully improve matters on the field, whilst the other two may also hopefully improve matters on the field they won't have the big buzz surrounding them to draw people back to Withdean, they would be rather dull appointments in my opinion.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
No brainer, Poyet... As said on another thread, he will get bums back on seats as well as hopefully improve matters on the field, whilst the other two may also hopefully improve matters on the field they won't have the big buzz surrounding them to draw people back to Withdean, they would be rather dull appointments in my opinion.

Spot on :thumbsup:

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
My heart says Poyet, but he does not have the experience we need so would be a major gamble. My head says Adkins especially if we can get Crosby as well but I dont believe he would come

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
who on earth thinks gannon is on the shortlist?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
He is according to the Argus.
I'm not keen considering he has already turned us down once before.

I would'nt hold it against him because I dont know the reasons behind him turning us down last time, It could've just been out of loyalty to Stockport and you cant knock that. Had he known he was going to be made redundant himself he'd have probably come here.

As for the list itself I really cant decide between the 3 of them.

Socky

Sockmonster
Jun 24, 2008
Brighton
Can't see Gannon coming down here. Adkins/Crosby would be a good choice but he is still at Scunthorpe isn't he? Would he want to drop down to our level?
Of the three listed Poyet seems most likely and if Taylor came as coach as well guess that would be good.
Just wish we had gone for someone like Aidy Boothroyd back in the summer.
My dream choice would still be Curbishley but I think that is very slim chance

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He is according to the Argus.
I'm not keen considering he has already turned us down once before.

And that article was pure guess work.

I wouldn't want Gannon to come here because if he did i would have to assume he was no longer of a sound mind as he has come to a club in a lower league, without European football, with a transfer budget for the rest of the season of apparently zero.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Poyet please!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I would'nt hold it against him because I dont know the reasons behind him turning us down last time, It could've just been out of loyalty to Stockport and you cant knock that. Had he known he was going to be made redundant himself he'd have probably come here.

As for the list itself I really cant decide between the 3 of them.

That was the main reason for the first refusal, so, as you say, should not be held against him. That type of loyalty is a plus in my eyes. He also seems to be bloody good at being a football manager.

He is unlikely to walk out on his present club though which is a shame because I think he is exactly what this club needs right now.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
skolwhatsisface

ABSOLUTE 100% FLAIR!!!!!!!

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
And that article was pure guess work.

I wouldn't want Gannon to come here because if he did i would have to assume he was no longer of a sound mind as he has come to a club in a lower league, without European football, with a transfer budget for the rest of the season of apparently zero.

The transfer budget of zero was a rumour spread by ONE poster. How come that has become the 'accepted' truth??

Doubt Gannon would come down.

Either the other two would be happy with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here