Votes: 4 8.7%
  • I'm on the FENCE as I have no opinion of my own

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Interesting post from Cheeky Monkey...got me thinking. I still have milk delivered daily by milkman and have a milk bill, but who just buys from a supermarket??

The last foil milk bottle top I encountered was when Todd Carty was still in Grange Hill. What era are you living in Easy?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
the milkman's prozzie

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
we get milk from the milkman, not much because no one here drinks it and it is just for other stuff.
we get all our juices and yoghurt's from him as well.

they even deliver things like dog food and cling film.

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Another side question is...how many posters on here have a MILKMAN for a father...maybe without knowing :lolol:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Our milkman stopped about 1999 when the local dairy closed. Used to sell yoghurts, some very nasty soft drinks and a few other things too.

Also had a vegetable/fruit delivery firm at one stage, they did fruit juice, and surreally towards the end, FISH. And we still get a door-to-door dry cleaner.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
people laugh at me when I tell them about that over here!

I can just imagine the bemusement when you tell an American or Canadian about "Milk-Men"!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
With living here, it's somewhat hard for me to avoid.

I think I will try and intersperse future conversations with comments about milkmen now.

or if you have a beautiful english accent, why not ask them where the closest pawn shop is?

MOG

Miserable Old Git
Dec 16, 2007
Off My Trolley.
We have our milk delivered and always have, although it is not daily (3 times a week). Because I get up early I am usually there to take in the milk as, or just after, it is delivered, and put it in the fridge ensuring it remains within the temperature range that it should.

Having worked in supermarkets for many years and seen the milk deliveries frequently left in the delivery area for long periods of time thereby breaking the chill-chain (no more than 20 minutes out of a controlled temperature zone) I would never buy milk from any of them. For this reason I am also very particular selecting all chilled/frozen products from these places.

One hint for you all - Don't automatically expect the products at the rear of the shelf to have a longer life than those at the front. Due to the minimal staffing levels these places operate with, the newer items are often just put at the front with no regard to stock rotation.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the milkmen delivers our milk :bowdown:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
We have a milkman deliver once a week in the middle of the night so I've never seen him! In fact I cant remember the last time I saw a milkman. Do they still wear silly caps and drive milk floats these days?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
ours still pops around on a milk float only now it looks more like a mini cooper with a huge back. definitely no chance of tipping that thing over, has lots of fancy doors and cabinets now as well in place of those milk crates that we used to nick to take down elland road to stand on on the terraces.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
We have a milkman deliver once a week in the middle of the night so I've never seen him! In fact I cant remember the last time I saw a milkman. Do they still wear silly caps and drive milk floats these days?

ours drives a milk float - i would LOVE to have one of them simply for the noise they make

We get our milk delivered, but as part of an organic farmers' co-operative delivery (so we also get our veg from them - and, indeed, our bread flour). They also do other dairy products, meat, and eggs.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I was a milkman for a while, it was a good job until the supermarkets got greedy.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
I wish the milkman would deliver my milk in the morning.
I wish the milkman would deliver my milk when I'm yawning.
I would like some milk from the milkman's wife's tits.
I would like some milk from the milkman's wife's tits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here