Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who are our greatest football CHUMS?

Who are our best CHUMs in soccerball?

• Total voters

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't really get the Plymouth thing, before all this stuff it used to be a f***ing horrible place to go. They were always out to get us, and it is not a good night out for an away fan. Well actually it is, but you need to be very careful.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And we ought to be best of chums with Leeds too, for saving our bacon by purchasing Mark Beeney for an inflated £750k so that hmrc didn't wind up the club?

That's not as inflated as the £300k or so they were made to pay us for Super Dan Harding

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't really get the Plymouth thing, before all this stuff it used to be a f***ing horrible place to go. They were always out to get us, and it is not a good night out for an away fan. Well actually it is, but you need to be very careful.
Very much this!

That's not as inflated as the £300k or so they were made to pay us for Super Dan Harding
And I won't argue with that either.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Donny connection really soured this year, great shame. John Ryan's comments didn't help. There is new friendship cooking between some of us and Hartlepool United.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Peterboro

We bought Alex Revell from them and they give us 6 points every year it seems.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Donny connection really soured this year, great shame. John Ryan's comments didn't help. There is new friendship cooking between some of us and Hartlepool United.
When you say "some" do you mean about 3?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Plymouth Argyle.

They've got great fans who have had a very tough time of it lately. Going to away matches must involve some serious travelling and expense. As for the city, it's alright. A bit rough in parts (like Portsmouth) with it being a dockyard city but always a good awayday - been there twice.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Right. I've been up there twice and seen us lose twice, both times greeted by crap weather, dismal games of football and somewhat backward locals. It's not somewhere I want to go again in a hurry.

They also made a bit of a fuss after one of their youth team players was (tragically, of course) killed in a car crash a few years back, and our team had the temerity to turn up and win the game. I think we were supposed to lose it or something.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
No one stands out as especially chummy to me. Plymouth seem to have a soft spot for us, for obvious reasons. But having the shit kicked out of me in their car park a good few years ago, I still don't feel too much love for them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Right. I've been up there twice and seen us lose twice, both times greeted by crap weather, dismal games of football and somewhat backward locals. It's not somewhere I want to go again in a hurry.

They also made a bit of a fuss after one of their youth team players was (tragically, of course) killed in a car crash a few years back, and our team had the temerity to turn up and win the game. I think we were supposed to lose it or something.

The same and they broke Kazenga's ankle and scored a goal before the referee would allow him any treatment.

I voted for Wrexham as they were very grateful for our demonstration just before the playoffs which galvanized their fans into doing something which eventually saved the club. Some of them turned up for our protest marches. They also gave us a couple of good cup games so there's mutual respect there. Plymouth is more recent but it was a Plymouth fan who thought of the Fans United in the first place. As has been said, Donny turned a bit sour this season.

Last edited:

Anyone going out in Plymouth at night has to be very careful whether you are a footie fan or not !

I thought we were twinned with Norwich as all our best players go there.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
couldn't decide between plymouth or wrexham.
went to both this season, drank in their pubs and we were treated like royalty, in fact i found it quite difficult to buy a drink at plymouth

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The same and they broke Kazenga's ankle and scored a goal before the referee would allow him any treatment.

I voted for Wrexham as they were very grateful for our demonstration just before the playoffs which galvanized their fans into doing something which eventually saved the club. Some of them turned up for our protest marches. They also gave us a couple of good cup games so there's mutual respect there. Plymouth is more recent but it was a Plymouth fan who thought of the Fans United in the first place. As has been said, Donny turned a bit sour this season.

To be slightly fairer, Kazenga broke his own ankle when he fouled their player, at least from where I saw it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here