Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whingy out for a while

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Is this a blessing in disguise tho?

I love whingy but he has been a bit out of sorts this season.

Consensus seems to be that Tunnicliffe and Elphick are forming a good partnership, so that means Virgs can play right back (and keep his place as per his contract).

El Abds is also doing ok now and with Wright and McNulty in the wings...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Didn't virgo have a terror against I think millwall, only to turn it around when they switched sides? Would it be wise to keep him at right back if he isn't up to it? Will Wright or McNulty be able to switch sides if Virgs has another bad game there?

Or am I remembering it wrong, and it was El Abd that had the bad game?

jrmeag1

Sep 22, 2008
Have to agree, i felt he was the worst player on the pitch in both games i have seen him play at home, the fact he was carrying an injury might just explain it, great header mind you.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006

Consensus seems to be that Tunnicliffe and Elphick are forming a good partnership, so that means Virgs can play right back (and keep his place as per his contract).

I thought Virgo looked really out of sorts at Carlisle when he was playing RB and he didn't look comfortable there. I suppose Steve Cook can play at RB if required but I'd much rather have Whingy there.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Agree he has been out of sorts but it would be better if he was fit and fighting for a place instead of crocked. Even if he was fully fit I doubt he'd walk straight back into the side on saturday.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Solid right back and very dependable, but I think Virgo can do a job there to cover. Personally, I would have Andy Whing in the team whenever he's fit. But a spell out of the side might not neccessarily be a bad thing for him, it might help him to have a break and to refocus himself, he hasn't been at his best so far this season (he's started much like last season to be fair), maybe a spell out of the side will result in him coming back stronger. From what everyone has been saying, Tunnicliffe has been fantastic at centre back and Elphick picks himself in my opinion, so it probably helps Russell at the moment to not have to make the decision to leave the captain out.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I reckon Whingy's been pretty poor this season tbh - but I obviously hope he's back in the running as soon-as. As somebody has already said (& hitherto unbeknown to most of us), maybe the injury has been hampering him during recent games? I'm also concerned about Virgo playing RB too. Granted he can 'do a job', but he looks very vulnerable there when facing pacy widesters (like his 1st 45 at Millwall recently). Still, I wouldn't have thought A E-A would've excelled the way he has at full-back - so it just goes to show how little I know!

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Virgo played in the middle against Millwall and was fantastic. El-Abd and Whing started on the left and right respectively, before switching over in the first half. Just to clear that up.

Whing hasn't been very good this season. A crap og and invisibility for Millwall's goal are my outstanding thoughts re Whing this season. He gives his best and he has the makings of a good player (as he showed last season), but he needs to sort his distribution out, otherwise he will never develop. His trademark hoof up the line has become a bit tiresome. He should have more confidence on the ball because he's a good footballer.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Virgo played in the middle against Millwall and was fantastic. El-Abd and Whing started on the left and right respectively, before switching over in the first half. Just to clear that up.

Doh! You're right, of course, Mr M. I will reiterate my recent parting line i.e. it just goes to show how much I know...

:dunce: :blush:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Whing has not started this season well maybe he was carrying a little injury anyway. Can see El-Abd switching to RB and Wright/McNulty (when fit) at left back. Virgo is never going to be a medium term option out there and will be moved back into CB as soon as we get a left back fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here