Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whing

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Argus says we want to sign him in January when his loan spell ends

Argus

I thought he was out of contract at Coventry at the end of this season, but MA wants a fee for him and he wants to sign for us. Assuming MA will not budge on a fee being forthcoming, should we call his bluff and send Whinge back if we can't keep him on loan? Presumably we are paying his wages so should we let him go if necessary and then sign him in the summer. MA would then be left picking up the wages of a player who will leave in the summer and doesn't have much chance of featuring in the 1st team.Tough on Whinge and us I agree but we could save quite a bit of wonga by waiting unless we reckon that the playoff are realistic when we might be best to bite the bullet and pay a fee for him.

Does that make sense? :)

Last edited:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Re: Whinge

Icy Gull said:
Argus says we want to sign him in January when his loan spell ends

Argus

I thought he was out of contract at Coventry at the end of this season, but MA wants a fee for him and he wants to sign for us. Assuming MA will not budge on a fee being forthcoming, should we call his bluff and send Whinge back if we can't keep him on loan? Presumably we are paying his wages so should we let him go if necessary and then sign him in the summer. MA would then be left picking up the wages of a player who will leave in the summer and doesn't have much chance of featuring in the 1st team.Tough on Whinge and us I agree but we could save quite a bit of wonga by waiting unless we reckon that the playoff are realistic when we might be best to bite the bullet and pay a fee for him.

Does that make sense? :)

The thread title doesn't. I opened this thread expecting to read you complaining about something.....

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Makes sense, and its always nice to have some strength in depth. It's only reasonable for MA to want a fee for him, and its only right that we should make an offer for him. However, with the club being in the dire straights that its in, I can see us letting him go and then approaching him on a free. Depends how seriously the board wants promotion I suppose.

Secondly, how big a fee are we talking? 50k? 100k? 150k?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Whinge

Chesney Christ said:
The thread title doesn't. I opened this thread expecting to read you complaining about something.....

edited :lol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
jakes right boot said:
He's under 24 so we'd have to pay a fee in summer.

Fair point that I completely overlooked :blush:

Baby Burtz

Feb 27, 2006
Brighton
of what i have seen of him, i think hes brightons best defender and we will miss him lots especially if lynch goes in january aswell.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
If they are happy to let him go then we should fork out whatever they want in cash for him. Imagine if he went back and played and had a blinder for them... He would end up staying there and that would be that.

We cant let that happen.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I think we should try and find the money to buy him in January, as long as they don't ask an outrageous amount, after all we could quite easily keep him for a couple of years to develop his career then sell on at a healthy profit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Most clubs try to earn some money by way ofa transfer fee ifa player is about to end his contract, especially if they dont expect to offer hima new one. So this is not unusual and I would expect the fee to be minimal. So I say to the baord show your intentions and go for him. If he proves as succesful as the last Coventry full back we had he would be a great buy.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I'm very impressed. Very good RB, but if anything even better at CB which is a position where we need some cover.

We need to sign him!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
be a good signing , looks good defending and surging forward (at times) . Some of his passing is absolutely f***ing awful though

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
wouldn't think he would cost that much any where up to 50k or so with some sort of sell on fee and maybe more if we get promotion

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
BensGrandad said:
Most clubs try to earn some money by way ofa transfer fee ifa player is about to end his contract, especially if they dont expect to offer hima new one. So this is not unusual and I would expect the fee to be minimal. So I say to the baord show your intentions and go for him. If he proves as succesful as the last Coventry full back we had he would be a great buy.

Chris 'the Rock' Cattlin.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
BUY! End of Thread.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think Mickey would let us have him for a fair price.

If Whing does want to sign then Mickey will let him go as he wont want players who dont want to play for Coventry.

Mickey knows our "finances" so I dont expect us to get ripped off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here