Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whing in League One Squad of the Season

roycole

Apr 10, 2009
Andrew Whing has been selected in Playerform's League One Squad of the Season.

Goalkeepers

David Martin (Leicester City), Willy Gueret (MK Dons), Owain Fon Williams (Stockport County)

Full Backs

Andrew Whing (Brighton and Hove Albion), Marc Tierney (Colchester United), Dean Lewington (MK Dons),
Johnny Mullins (Stockport County)

Centre Backs

Richard Naylor (Leeds United), Aleksandar Tunchev (Leicester City), Tamika Mkandawire (Leyton Orient),
Zak Whitbread (Millwall), Dorian Dervite (Southend United)

Central Midfielders

Stuart Campbell (Bristol Rovers), Fabian Delph (Leeds United), Sean Thornton (Leyton Orient),
Stephen Gleeson (MK Dons), Peter Leven (MK Dons)

Wide Midfielders

Robert Snodgrass (Leeds United), Anthony Pilkington (Huddersfield Town), Luke Chadwick (MK Dons),
George Boyd (Peterborough United)

Forwards
Jermaine Beckford (Leeds United), Steve Howard (Leicester City), Gary Hooper (Scunthorpe United),
Theo Robinson (Southend United), Simon Cox (Swindon Town)

Source: www.playerform.co.uk

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Well done, thoroughly deserved.

Has Sean Thornton really been good enough? Selected on the strength of his goal against us?

No Mackail-Smith?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Mkandawire and Dervite. ??? Who on earth picked this thing?! Why no Jason Puncheon, Joe Lewis, Charlie Lee?!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well so he should.

Over the course of a SEASON he has been by far the best player we have had.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bet you are glad there is a Swindon player in it...

He's second top scorer in the entire league with 27, so if he hadn't been in there it would have been a bit stupid. That said, the leagues top scorer hasn't been included so...
For the record, I don't like the suggestion I am a Swindon fan, considering my season ticket at the Withdean, but I am capable of liking more than one team, aren't I clever! :blush:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
This is thoroughly deserved for our Whingy. He has been one glimmer of hope in what has mostly been an awful season. Now he will hopefully go onto get our player of the season award and then a new contract...with US!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
And this should put to bed the OGH should get player of the season debate. He's a star - may even be a legend - but over the season, and in a team shipping goals, he has still managed to be the stand out player.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
"Brighton are another club who have endured a turbulent campaign and their right back Andrew Whing deserves tremendous credit for his attitude since the turn of the year which has definitely put some of his colleagues to shame."

That is a fantastic description on Whing and our team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here