Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which team had the SECOND LOWEST attendance in League 1 on Saturday?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yep, that includes the 300 argus winners. Shocking.

Proof that Knight has priced out the fans, and that hardly anyone wants to watch dire football anymore

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the high prices are being used as an excuse not a reason for non attendance.

I think the real reason is the performances on the field people are fed up with seeing lacklustre performances from the players and apparent indifference to changing the team to win a game from the mangement. The enthusiasm appears to have vanished

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
I think the high prices are being used as an excuse not a reason for non attendance.

Well most people would point to the Gillingham game, when prices were reduced and the game sold out.

Playing more home games on friday nights could be a good idea, would be nice to see the club try something like this, among other things to bring the crowds back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMO the Gillingham game is a bad example of people wanting to come and watch the Albion it was more a case of at £10 it is a cheap night out I would go anywhere and watch any league team for that price. It was not a realistic price that could be repeated very often and as such gives the wrong impression of our support.

If we were nearly top of the league 1st or 2nd we would have 7,000 every game and until we are we will have to muddle by on low gates. This has been the same through out our history. People will come to watrcha succesful team and spout about beinga loyal supporter but when trhe team start losing so these 'loyal supporters of many years standing' drop off.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what would be more interesting is how many teams in league two had a better attendance than us?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
We're dying on our arses

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
IMO the Gillingham game is a bad example of people wanting to come and watch the Albion it was more a case of at £10 it is a cheap night out I would go anywhere and watch any league team for that price. It was not a realistic price that could be repeated very often and as such gives the wrong impression of our support.

If we were nearly top of the league 1st or 2nd we would have 7,000 every game and until we are we will have to muddle by on low gates. This has been the same through out our history. People will come to watrcha succesful team and spout about beinga loyal supporter but when trhe team start losing so these 'loyal supporters of many years standing' drop off.

I suppose if we were top we would obviously be getting bigger attendances, but that isn't the sole reason for our low attendances. And there are many different reasons as to why we are getting such low attendances. They have all been said on here a million times so I won't bother repeating them now, but the CLUB need to do a lot more to make going to games ENJOYABLE and AFFORDABLE.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You do not have to buy burgers, merchandise. Withdean Wager etc so if you live inside the travel area it is affordable to come and watch the Albion but I would hesitate to suggest that it is enjoyable at the moment.

My son took his 13 year old son to the HUddersfield game on Saturday ity cost him £28 for the 2 of them, which I think is quite reasonable. The fact that he chose to buy his son a burger and coke etc is immaterial. It isa lot cheaper than going 10 pin bowling for the afternoon.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

I think the real reason is the performances on the field people are fed up with seeing lacklustre performances from the players and apparent indifference to changing the team to win a game from the mangement. The enthusiasm appears to have vanished
Why would people use high prices as an excuse? Surely if you think the team are lucklustre and boring and you've lost your enthusiasm you'd say "I'm not going because I think the current side are lackustre and boring and I've lost my enthusiasm". Why lie and say "I'm not going because the prices are too high"?

The standard prices for mid-table Albion playing run-of-the-mill league games ARE too high. The above-average (for the relavant competition) crowds we've had every time prices have been reduced mean the "price isn't a factor" argument has been utterly destroyed. I think some STHs still cling to it in the face of all evidence to the contrary because they, selfishly but understandably, don't want to see the value of their investment reduced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here