Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Blades

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Wednesday for me, I've seen us win at United, but each time I've seen us at Hillsborough we've been either unlucky, or had a turd ref, and lost or drawn.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Rather selfishly I would like united to get promoted through the play offs as it means there will be an additional 2 away games that would be very cheap and easy to get to for me :D

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
United, Wednesday still believe they are a big club for some reason

Well they are a big club.

There is no reason to argue that they aren't. Successful over the past 15 years, no. But that doesn't make size any smaller. Same with Sheffield United. They are a big club. The two Sheffield clubs, Leeds and West Ham and much bigger than any club outside the Premier League by some margin.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

There is no reason to argue that they aren't. Successful over the past 15 years, no. But that doesn't make size any smaller. Same with Sheffield United. They are a big club. The two Sheffield clubs, Leeds and West Ham and much bigger than any club outside the Premier League by some margin.

Crowd of 38,082 at Hillsborough on Saturday too. Attendances alone do not make a big club, but that's a hell of a crowd. Ignoring the maximum capacity at the Amex for a second, what would we get if we took League One promotion to the final day - or any other club in the league for that matter?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria

Think you're stretching it a bit to say that Sheffield United are in any way a bigger club than Forest or Derby.

Feb 14, 2010
Crowd of 38,082 at Hillsborough on Saturday too. Attendances alone do not make a big club, but that's a hell of a crowd. Ignoring the maximum capacity at the Amex for a second, what would we get if we took League One promotion to the final day - or any other club in the league for that matter?

Well as an indication, Brighton got 34,000 in the third division for Rochdale

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

Attendances alone as you point out is not the determination of size.

You have to look at history, success, turnover, fan-base, potential as a whole lot of other things.

I doubt many clubs outside the Premier League could rustle up 38,000 fans to pay full price for tickets.

BHA Swiifty

Jan 23, 2012
Burgess Hill

we would fill what ever capacity stadium up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I like Sheffield Utd, but that was a dull game.

Stevenage ... god, they play like Stoke. I hope they don't get to the Championship.

What was surprising about tonight, was that no players stood out on either side. Normally there's one or 2 of quality, that you'd think someone like Gus might like to snap up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here