Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Sheffield club...

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
United. Because their fans aren't delusional big club syndrome types and the best area for pubs (Kelham Island) is on the way to Hillsborough; the latter might sound like a reason to say Wendies, but said pubs get a lot busier and harder to find a seat/get served in when Weds are at home compared to when Utd are. *nods*

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
are Sheffield FC pushing for promotion this season.

They are the oldest football club in the world

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
United, by quite a distance.

As an aside, I'm quite loving the fact that at least one of Wednesday and Huddersfield will be a League One side again next season. As already mentioned, quite shocked by the level of arrogance shown by a section of Wednesday fans last year - of all our opponents they seemed most in denial about our promotion prospects/their non-promotion prospects. I'll be delighted to see them bottle it in the play-offs. Huddersfield I have nothing against as a club, but they're making promotion from that division look very, very difficult, considering the money they've spent (for the last however many years) - which makes our achievement last season look all the more brilliant. Plus they have a couple of players I'd like for Gus to go after, as surely they'll have to start balancing the books eventually?

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
When I saw the thread title it reminded me of my Uni days and thought it could be a thread about favourite night clubs... Anyway - Monday The Leadmill - 60p a bottle and loads of birds, Wednesday - The Roxy, Thursday - Republic (lovely ladies) weekend - Pop tarts at the Uni!

Happy days!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
United, Wednesday still believe they are a big club for some reason

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
United.
Spent a year of my Uni life living in the same road as the ground (Shoreham Street). It's also a lot more central than Hillsborough so much better for an away day.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Another vote for Sheffield United. I'm not too bothered by either of them, both clubs with big fanbases and good stadiums, but Sheffield Wednesday deffinitely seem to have an arrogant and unpleasnat air about them for no obvious reason.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The Owls.

Dave Jones was harshly sacked by Cardiff City at the end of last season despite leading them to the Championship play-offs so I hope he gets Sheffield Wednesday promoted from League One.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They are quite a big club to be fair.

Of course, but they bang on about it incessantly on owlstalk whenever it looks like 30k plus will show up, thereby completely ignoring the fact that their gates have been in the region of 17,500 for half the season with a bunch of JCLs swelling the average gate. I bet our median gate is higher than theirs this season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here