Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

which pub

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
That reminds me. Before the last home game, what had happened to the pubs in Brighton regarding Sky Sports? We wanted to watch the Citeh/Spurs game, and a number of pubs couldn't show it. We couldn't get a proper reason out of any of them, other than a suggesting someone had gone out of business...

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
Queens head is a bit to dear, strange beers, the old nightingale up there own arses, railway bell is full of the wierd and wonderful, Albert is quite good nice atmosphere, evening star ok if you like your bitter, caxton can be ok.
Are these friends your follewers Rev?

Queens head is a bit to dear, strange beers, the old nightingale up there own arses, railway bell is full of the wierd and wonderful, Albert is quite good nice atmosphere, evening star ok if you like your bitter, caxton can be ok.
Are these friends your follewers Rev?

you are all followers to be honest:angel: i watch over you all at night:drool:

That reminds me. Before the last home game, what had happened to the pubs in Brighton regarding Sky Sports? We wanted to watch the Citeh/Spurs game, and a number of pubs couldn't show it. We couldn't get a proper reason out of any of them, other than a suggesting someone had gone out of business...

There seems to be a real shortage of town centre pubs showing even Sky Sports News these days. We ended up last Saturday afternoon in the Market, just down from Donatello's. A lot of places, including the Font and Providence, have opted not to renew their Sky licenses, preferring instead to pander to tourists and shoppers. :angry: :angry: :angry:

The Caxton is probably the best pub around Brighton Station. Asahi on tap. :thumbsup:

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
There seems to be a real shortage of town centre pubs showing even Sky Sports News these days. We ended up last Saturday afternoon in the Market, just down from Donatello's. A lot of places, including the Font and Providence, have opted not to renew their Sky licenses, preferring instead to pander to tourists and shoppers. :angry: :angry: :angry:

The Caxton is probably the best pub around Brighton Station. Asahi on tap. :thumbsup:

my local has decided not to renew sky as they are charging £1200 a month.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
You'd think a place like the Font could make back £1200, and more, by showing the footie ball.

I almost spat out my coffee, is that what Sky charge commercial premises for the pleasure of showing games? Forgive my naivety but thats f***ing scandalous!!!

The fella in the Providence said it was £16,000 a year, which works out at over £1,300 a month. Apparently the reason they haven't renewed is because the place being sold to make way for (yet another) supermarket.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Battle of Trafalgar just a short schlep up Guildford Road. Nice choice of beers without too many of the Real Ale mob. Also decent secluded beer garden if the weather’s decent

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Spoilt for choice around the station really! The Battle of Trafalgar is my favourite pub in that area but the Nelson down Trafalgar street is good for sports etc and do a nice pint of Harveys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here