• The Princess Royal

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • The New Inn

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
vote away my friends.

What Is It Like For Visiting Supporters?
After being housed in the Brook Road Stand for the past few seasons, away fans now find themselves back at the other end in the open Ealing Road Terrace, where up to 2,200 supporters can be accommodated. This end is uncovered so it is difficult for the away fans in this area to really make some noise. Plus be prepared to get wet if it rains. A better bet may be to try getting one of the 600 seats allocated to away supporters in Block A of the Braemar Road Stand, although there are several supporting pillars which may hinder your view. I had an enjoyable visit to the ground and didn't experience any problems.

Where To Drink?
Brentford is famous for being the only ground in England that has a pub at every corner of the ground. The land around the ground was formerly owned by the Griffin Brewery, hence Griffin Park. If you are feeling thirsty, get there early and have a pint in all four. They are the Royal Oak, The Griffin, The Princess Royal & The New Inn. The New Inn is the favoured pub for away supporters. Jim Prentice adds; 'besides the corner pubs', another favourite is the Waggon and Horses. This pub is in easy reach of the ground, especially by alighting at Kew Bridge station, just before Brentford on the Waterloo - Reading line'.

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Dam im putting gel on my hair as bb is going and don't want that shite stuff in the eyes.:lolol:

It seems the whole of nsc is going to this one so should be an interesting night and a trickle between all 4 pubs is best.:clap:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
i want to try all four and also want to find the brewry tap as thats were i go for pre-match drinks before home games so there be a certain kind of ironey!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
BrightonBird said:
Yes. Should use smilies really.:dunce: :lolol: :jester:

hehe yeah that would help ;)

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
BrightonBird said:
What's the nearest one?

Smiley or not - I still laughed out loud!!

So should we try and arrange an order of the pubs? Say round the ground clockwise?

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
The Griffin is good but I haven't tried The New Inn. Reckon I'll give that one a go this year as it's the first one we'll stumble across walking down from South Ealing. And BB, it's very close to the away end! :drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I could drive from my house to the ground in 30 mins and would save a lot of hassle as have to get a taxi when back and up at 4-30 as the twats won't give me the day off,but bollocks lifes to short and will get pissed.:lolol: :clap2: :clap:

Hungerford Bee

Oct 20, 2003
Up to you guys of course but the New Inn will be full of Celtic fans tomorrow night - and if you do go in be prepared to be asked to give generously to help the "orphans"

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Hungerford Bee said:
Up to you guys of course but the New Inn will be full of Celtic fans tomorrow night - and if you do go in be prepared to be asked to give generously to help the "orphans"

Im sure we will push the celts aside:smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here