Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which Premier League Club has the best atmosphere?

Which Premier League Club has the best atmosphere?

• Arsenal

• Aston Villa

• Bournemouth

• Brentford

• Chelsea

• Crystal Palace

• Everton

• Ipswich

• Leicester

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

• Manchester United

• Newcastle

• Nottingham

• Southampton

• Tottenham

• West Ham

• Wolverhampton

Results are only viewable after voting.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I would probably go for Forest, Villa and Wolves... all good old fashioned town centre grounds with a decent atmosphere.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've gone Forest. Not been to Ipswich yet.
I do remember Huddersfield back in the day. They were loud. I wonder how many still attend from those days? Their 1:3 home defeat to Northampton recently doesn't show.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I would have voted Upton Park.
Today I'd say Forest in that the noise comes from all 3 home sides of the ground.
Villa if they're winning. Ditto Liverpool.
Everton if they are upset about something (most of the time).
I hate to say but Palace is decent but it's only really from the Holmsdale End.

Why are Arsenal or West Ham (now) even options in the poll? Man U also a joke now.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Forest, at least from TV. None of this manufactured euro nonsense like our pals up the road in their decrepit hovel. Just passion. Although given a few years in lower mid-table, I fully expect them to quieten down, just as relatively, we and others did.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Went to the City Ground season before last and thought it was pretty good and we were awful on the pitch!!

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
Very few people will have been to all of those clubs in recent times, and even fewer if you include only the new grounds. I’ve been to 15 of those clubs, but much fewer if you insist on only recent games. So TBH it’s impossible to say.

Jul 20, 2003
I'm not sure that I've been to any of those clubs' current grounds for a Premier League match.

(Bad/old football fan)

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Very few people will have been to all of those clubs in recent times, and even fewer if you include only the new grounds. I’ve been to 15 of those clubs, but much fewer if you insist on only recent games. So TBH it’s impossible to say.
Think you might be surprised, PP

I’m barely in Tier 3 for away tickets but have been to all of them a number of times, 16 of them in the last two seasons.

Forest went a bit quiet after Facundo’s goal 18 months ago but found their voices again soon afterwards and made more sustained noise than I’ve heard from any of the others in the list.

10, 20, 30, 40 or even 50 years ago, noise was a function of crowd size. These days it is negatively correlated with corporate/tourist/middle class proportion of the gate.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Chelsea, I voted for them because I knew it would agitate many posters on here. :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very few people will have been to all of those clubs in recent times, and even fewer if you include only the new grounds. I’ve been to 15 of those clubs, but much fewer if you insist on only recent games. So TBH it’s impossible to say
Done all except Ipswich in the PL recently and suspect loads of others have too. As others have said probably Forest for me, then Newcastle and Villa.

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
Done all except Ipswich in the PL recently and suspect loads of others have too. As others have said probably Forest for me, then Newcastle and Villa.
Well, we don’t have stats to prove either way but I suspect very few people looking at this question have been to all away games (except Ipswich) in recent times. The opinion of people like you is valuable here because you’re one of the few who have.

I go to several away games a year but for one reason or another (including Covid and family commitments) I just haven’t been to Villa or Forest for a long time. And Newcastle I won’t go to because of where they put away fans. So even though I go to more away games than most I just don’t feel qualified to answer the question.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Villa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here