Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which political party would you vote for now?

Which Party gets your vote now?

• New Labour

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • None

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
So am I. Surely the more important, intresting subject however is are you producing a fanzine? ???

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Turkey said:
So am I. Surely the more important, intresting subject however is are you producing a fanzine? ???

I got slated for suggesting it and did some preliminary work, almost had first edition done. Guess I still can if people want me to. Sorry, went a bit slack on that.

Jimbo Jones

Jul 6, 2003
Lancaster/Brighton
I hate politics.....kill them all......just my opinion mind.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
You got a few people saying it would be hard work if I remember rightly. We need a fanzine though. Especially for journeys home from away games. Some of these away programes are truely awful.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Me too at the moment. (New Labour that is)

Because at the moment there is no viable alternative.

IDS? no way.

Lib Dems? probably 98% taxes.

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Turkey said:
You got a few people saying it would be hard work if I remember rightly. We need a fanzine though. Especially for journeys home from away games. Some of these away programes are truely awful.

Ok. I am working at 442 for the next two weeks and also have to write and lay up the first edition of my uni mag (hullfire) and its my first as editor so needs a bit of time. After that I will have loads of free time and will get the first one out long before the NSC meet up v wrexham...of that you have my word.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Is that good enough? cant promise how good / funny / big it will be, or how many people will buy it but I have just emailed a friend who does graphic design and dose things like album sleeves and he is going to knock up a basic design etc and lay out. Then once I have a day spare I can fill it with stuf, with everyones help of course. then when im at uni i will find out who prints our mag because they are cheap...or get my brother firm to do it..though they are slightly higher quality for a fanzine but im sure they have shit cheap printers too..then bring it to a game and anyone who wants to can part with a set amount of money and read it.

larus

Sorry to say that I voted Tory. Only becuase I know that Labour will win but I want an opposition. I don't want the tories back in power yet.

Been a Tory all my life, as I believe in the principle of low taxes. I despise 'Old Labour' but feel that the Tories can't get in until they sort out their prejudices & policies. However, I do believe that those that can afford to pay (like me) should pay to provide decent public services, but not penal rates of taxation. It removes the incentives.

IDS is a complete tosser. He does not inspire any confidence, and IMHO, would be a joke for a prime minister.

TB has got too presidential, and is an danger of ending up like Thatcher; too far removed from reality. Also, he is so insincere.

I could go on, but .....

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ive always been labour (i say always, im only 21) but I can see your thinking Larus.

Im working on the security for the tory conference at the moment, have to approve applications etc...seems to me that the party is in trouble because not only are the number of applicants down on last year but also less new ones and the ones they have got are old and perhaps a little dated.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
No never again New Labour.
Been through the whole knocking on doors, manning polling stations, shoving leaflets thro folks doors, but never again.
I just wish the Greens would get themselves together to provide a real challenge to the spin and lies.
When are TB and co going to realise the amount of grass roots members that are leaving in droves ??
Just my night shift rant !!

Sheep Shagg*r

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
larus said:
Sorry to say that I voted Tory. Only becuase I know that Labour will win but I want an opposition. I don't want the tories back in power yet.

Been a Tory all my life, as I believe in the principle of low taxes. I despise 'Old Labour' but feel that the Tories can't get in until they sort out their prejudices & policies. However, I do believe that those that can afford to pay (like me) should pay to provide decent public services, but not penal rates of taxation. It removes the incentives.

IDS is a complete tosser. He does not inspire any confidence, and IMHO, would be a joke for a prime minister.

TB has got too presidential, and is an danger of ending up like Thatcher; too far removed from reality. Also, he is so insincere.

I could go on, but .....

I agree

If there was a general election tomorrow I feel I would have to spoil my vote rather than vote for anyone.

It is about time we had a decent opposition party.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yorkie said:
I agree

If there was a general election tomorrow I feel I would have to spoil my vote rather than vote for anyone.

It is about time we had a decent opposition party.

I am glad you said that Yorkie because it drives me mad when people dont bother to vote because not only are people in other countries fighting for that very basic human right, but also because parties can manipulate figures of non voters. if you dont like them, then register this by spoiling your vote otherwise you are merely playing into the hands of the spin men

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I will always vote in one way or another.

I remember watching a documentary about the suffrage movement and what women went through to get the vote.

I would never take voting for granted. All it needs for evil to prevail is for good men(women) to do nothing

Blimey I'm being serious this evening :lol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yorkie said:
All it needs for evil to prevail is for good men(women) to do nothing

One of my favourite quotes and one I found myself using a lot during the Gulf dispute...please dont let me of opened can of worms there. Whats that other saying...you should never talk to your friends about religion, football and politics...oh well..two out of three cant hurt.:)

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Lib Dem for me.

New Labour are almost as right-wing as the Tories were when they were in power, which in turn has pushed the Conservative party to nearly challenge the BNP. Well, that may be a slight exaggeration, but you see my point. Not much choice for the left-wing voter.

Also, voting Tory just for an opposition is pointless. I genuinely believe that the Lib Dems could be the second party after the next election, and certainly a decent opposition in 2 elections time.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd always vote. Too many of our ancestors fought (and died) for the right to vote for us to treat that right so lightly.

I haven't voted Labour since TB became leader so the 'now' part of the question doesn't apply.

I've voted several different ways since 1997. I'd vote for whoever I thought was the best candidate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here