• thin crispy

Votes: 32 61.5%
  • deep doughy

Votes: 20 38.5%

• Total voters

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Pizza Hut's deep is quality, but then so is Domino's thin. I'm going to abstain.

And I don't live in Brighton, so can't comment on any local Pizza shops for local people.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
whilst I like thin and crispy I still think the deep pan with cheese filled crust by Pizza Hut is the dogs. The only other problem is that you have can only get the filled crust if you order large.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Moving off at a tangent from the Mornington Crescent thread, one of my favourite ever moments from I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue was them announcing the arrivals at the Xmas ball.

"And here come Mr and Mrs Even, and their pizza delivery son: Deep Pan Crispin."

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My views on this are well established.
I think the word "doughy" in this poll is slightly misleading though, as it is implying an excessively doughy base. With my extensive experience of deep pan takeaway pizza's from Pizza Box, I have yet to encounter a deep pan pizza that I could describe as being in any way "dominated" by the dough base. The base provides adequate support for the sumptuously deep level of topping that you really only get with a proper deep pan pizza.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Only philistines eat deep pan.

Pizzaz have thin bases. Otherwise you might as well just cut a loaf of bread in half and spoon melted cheese onto it.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I think you're right. It's the sort of cuisine you might attempt after a friday night down the pub.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Voroshilov said:

Pizzaz have thin bases. Otherwise you might as well just cut a loaf of bread in half and spoon melted cheese onto it.
Tosh.
Thats like saying with thin base you might as well chuck a bit of cheese and tomato on toast.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
The entire objective of a deep pan is to fill you up with bread and make you think you've had value for money, when in fact what you've had is a f***ing great bag of flour with all the authenticity of a £27 note.

Proper pizzas have a thin base and a thick layer of pukka toppings. Thin thin thin.

Last edited:

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Easy 10 said:
My views on this are well established.
I think the word "doughy" in this poll is slightly misleading though, as it is implying an excessively doughy base. With my extensive experience of deep pan takeaway pizza's from Pizza Box, I have yet to encounter a deep pan pizza that I could describe as being in any way "dominated" by the dough base. The base provides adequate support for the sumptuously deep level of topping that you really only get with a proper deep pan pizza.

pure 'spin'

you want some pizza toppings on a 'doorstep' slice of bread be our guest you Pizza-know-nothing-man you!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
stuffed crust is LOVELY

you cant beat a bit of DEEP

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Richard Whiteley said:
pure 'spin'

you want some pizza toppings on a 'doorstep' slice of bread be our guest you Pizza-know-nothing-man you!
And patently untrue. Sorry to bleat on about them yet again but La Cucina CURL the edges of their thin pizzas up, so there's plenty of filling on top and it doesn't fall off.

Easy, DO you use 3-4 slices of bread per sandwich either side of the filling? Because THAT is what deep pan is doing - cheap filling to distract from the fact you're getting less of the good stuff.

(although I LOVE stuffed crust - you don't poo for weeks afterwards and EVERYTHING)

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
And patently untrue. Sorry to bleat on about them yet again but La Cucina CURL the edges of their thin pizzas up, so there's plenty of filling on top and it doesn't fall off.

Easy, DO you use 3-4 slices of bread per sandwich either side of the filling? Because THAT is what deep pan is doing - cheap filling to distract from the fact you're getting less of the good stuff.

(although I LOVE stuffed crust - you don't poo for weeks afterwards and EVERYTHING)

why you quoting me?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Richard Whiteley said:
why you quoting me?
I'm sorry - should I have asked for permission first?

It was with reference to the "pure spin" part - if that's OK with everyone. :rolleyes:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Voroshilov said:

Exactly. And buy it here no doubt.

Attachments

• 3.46b2.jpg
    3.46b2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 73

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here