Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

which pitch invasion league is the BEST?

Oct 25, 2003
is waterhall any better than stanley deason? also what night is best for either

we'll be of very AVERAGE ability, and would prefer to avoid teams of complete twats:drink:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I play up Stanley Deason on Monday Nights (Late). It's very enjoyable. Sometimes a bit of a scuffle, but nothing you wouldn't expect from a 5aside. I'd recommend it.

There is a new one opening at Falmer soon if you didn't already know. 3G pitches.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Monday night late - waterhall

the "championship" is a fairly easy league will be quite good to join, new season starts next week so id get on it quick.

Kinky gerbils plays up there and i think rumble plays in goal for them.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
In the last eight years I've done most of the leagues and I'd say the highest standard was the Monday (Early) Premier. We were in the Prem for nearly two years and only won it twice.

Weakest league was Wednesday; all the teams were gratifyingly shocking. We played 38 games and won 37 of them.

Currently up at Waterhall on Mondays. It's ok, but the pitches are too big for us old fuckers.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
In the last eight years I've done most of the leagues and I'd say the highest standard was the Monday (Early) Premier. We were in the Prem for nearly two years and only won it twice.

Weakest league was Wednesday; all the teams were gratifyingly shocking. We played 38 games and won 37 of them.

Currently up at Waterhall on Mondays. It's ok, but the pitches are too big for us old fuckers.

what league are you in on the monday?

early or late?

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
Hamilton Lodge is not very good standard, and is very expensive for what you get. HL is the death school just behind the county hospital

Waterhall Tuesday is the strongest standard up of the pitch invasion, with some very good teams, Conboy as good as you lot are, you will not walk it!

A easy league to join and to do quite well in is Waterhall Sunday the standard their is not the greatest in the world and you get the 3g pitch.

The univeristiy one only lasts for 10 weeks so its not worth entering really, if you want more information about it PM me!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
the team we entered walked the monday night late league and won the top league last night on goal difference should be a good league next "season".

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
we are all a bunch of defenders not one forward in our team, and our keeper has never played in goal before just a group of mates who did it for a laugh.

Its not to hard if you can knock the ball around on the deck and string a few passes togther, 3G is Qualla as well. def dont need a sub.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Having played in both Waterhall and Stanley Deason over the past 5 years, I would say Waterhall produces the more even contest as it is quite hard to score in the hockey shaped goals, compared to the proper 5-a-side goals used at Stanley Deason

Waterhall also seem sto have "nicer" teams that dont want to punch your nose through your brain if you ask for a throw in

The refereeing is comical, but they have a tough job. I havent played in 6 months, so standards may have changes

Also the teams I have played in havent been anything outstanding, but we knew what we were doing, and if you are organised it is easy to string results together. In 5 years, I have about 7 winners trophies and been relegated 4 times. You get to know the people on other teams as you play them once every other month

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Oh we will f***ing run it then!

Out of 20 games we have lost one ( which was when we was in latvia ) first game up there we won 11-1 against a bunch of 17-19 year olds. they def seem to struggle a bit more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here