Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which other football league clubs have you followed as well as Brighton?

Jan 30, 2008
no shame in saying i follow Arsenal too. i lived there and had a season ticket for 2 years when i was much younger and still manage to get to 3 or 4 games a season.

since living in Cheltenham i've also been to a dozen home and one away game with them
Cheltenham youth :facepalm:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Born in liverpool but supported chester , i cant remember why , watched chester play brighton and was struck way back then how decent the Brighton fans were and of the numbers that had travelled up to chester ,moved down here 12 years ago now and i would think even if i moved away Brighton would be my team , there are not many clubs around that try to make going to a football match a good family day out as Brighton do .

I remember my first match at withdean not knowing any of the players names ect and feeling a little out of place but 20 minutes chatting to the locals in the sportsman made me feel at ease whereas before if you went to a away ground / pub you just watched the match went home and kept your head down with little or no interaction with opposing fans ,which is a shame because since being a Brighton fan some of the best games have been made better by having a chat and a laugh with the other teams fans pre match .

Im sure those stuck in the 70s and 80s mindset of how football matchdays should be, will be cringeing at the thought of sharing a pint with opposing fans rather than trying to perform the windmill dance with them but hopefully evolution will finally catch up with them at some point , Brighton and Hove Albion are a fantastic club to be a part of and all the components are there for top flight football at some point, going by the amount of youngsters at the amex and around town sporting their replica shirts things can only get better .

Good post

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
On occasion when living in Worthing in the late 60's used to go to Pompey when the Albion were away.

As a 12 year old, can remember watching the 1965(?) cup final - Leeds v Liverpool, starting off wanting Leeds to win for no particular reason, but being so unimpressed by them that I came out the other side as a Liverpool and Roger Hunt/Ian St John fan, and the Liverpool bit stuck for many years.

When I say unimpressed by Leeds, they were dirty.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
On occasion when living in Worthing in the late 60's used to go to Pompey when the Albion were away.

As a 12 year old, can remember watching the 1965(?) cup final - Leeds v Liverpool, starting off wanting Leeds to win for no particular reason, but being so unimpressed by them that I came out the other side as a Liverpool and Roger Hunt/Ian St John fan, and the Liverpool bit stuck for many years.

When I say unimpressed by Leeds, they were dirty.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The Double Post was just to emphasise how dirty Leeds were.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Worthing FC

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Followed but not actively supported:-

* Bristol City (but then, you knew that Rev!) - couple of enjoyable back-to-back Freight Rover Finals in the mid-80's.
* (Dirty) Leeds - on their Champions League tour to Madrid & Milan.
* Burgess Hill - if BHA are away, BH are at home and I'm not working

Followed but not actively supported:-
* Bristol City (but then, you knew that Rev!) - couple of enjoyable back-to-back Freight Rover Finals in the mid-80's.
* (Dirty) Leeds - on their Champions League tour to Madrid & Milan.
* Burgess Hill - if BHA are away, BH are at home and I'm not working

Bristol City (but then, you knew that Rev!) - couple of enjoyable back-to-back Freight Rover Finals in the mid-80's.??? happy days

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
Aldershot Town

Born is Guildford. My dad has been watching the Shots since 76 and I went from 76 - 85 when I moved here.

First Albion game was against The Shots on New Years Day 1987 and since I had no car and little money at that time I became rather taken with The Goldstone which was 5 mins walk away from my flat.

My dad is still a season ticket holder and I usually get to see a couple of games a year myself.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Are you sure you've got the right decade? The one that ended with us in the 1st Division. I seem to recall only one shit season in the 70s, and that one was in the same division we're in now!

Certainly all my schoolmates were Brighton through and through (in Burgess Hill), and only a few went to see other teams or pretended to support them.

got regular dickings in the old div 2 under Saward,next couple of seasons were pretty shit too,lurking around the drop zone in the old div 3

obviously the arrival of Peter Taylor changed all that

Doctor Crawley

Jun 5, 2012
Crawley
Always had a soft spot for The Albion,who I suppose I would consider as a 2nd team.
I've never been interested in the top division,although I suppose that could change if you managed to start winning again.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Born in liverpool but supported chester , i cant remember why , watched chester play brighton and was struck way back then how decent the Brighton fans were and of the numbers that had travelled up to chester ,moved down here 12 years ago now and i would think even if i moved away Brighton would be my team , there are not many clubs around that try to make going to a football match a good family day out as Brighton do .

I remember my first match at withdean not knowing any of the players names ect and feeling a little out of place but 20 minutes chatting to the locals in the sportsman made me feel at ease whereas before if you went to a away ground / pub you just watched the match went home and kept your head down with little or no interaction with opposing fans ,which is a shame because since being a Brighton fan some of the best games have been made better by having a chat and a laugh with the other teams fans pre match .

Im sure those stuck in the 70s and 80s mindset of how football matchdays should be, will be cringeing at the thought of sharing a pint with opposing fans rather than trying to perform the windmill dance with them but hopefully evolution will finally catch up with them at some point , Brighton and Hove Albion are a fantastic club to be a part of and all the components are there for top flight football at some point, going by the amount of youngsters at the amex and around town sporting their replica shirts things can only get better .

Was that the game in the late 80's when we went up with Sunderland

Brighton fans trying to rip the fence down to get at the Chester fans,spent most of the game calling the Chester players YTS scum

Wilkins actually scored 2 goals that game,took a 2 goal lead,but ended up hanging on for a point

Was that the game in the late 80's when we went up with Sunderland

Brighton fans trying to rip the fence down to get at the Chester fans,spent most of the game calling the Chester players YTS scum

Wilkins actually scored 2 goals that game,took a 2 goal lead,but ended up hanging on for a point

bank holiday weekend? went up for a few days ended up having a misunderstanding with wilkins and crumplin the night before the game in a taxi q outside chester station:facepalm:

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Brighton, Brighton reserves, Brighton development team, Brighton ladies, Brighton under 16 in fact any team that is Brighton

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Always had a soft spot for The Albion,who I suppose I would consider as a 2nd team.
I've never been interested in the top division,although I suppose that could change if you managed to start winning again.

You can't be a real Doctor. Your post is legible. That said your grammar needs attention:bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here