Votes: 55 49.1%
  • FA Cup 3rd Round at White Hart Lane v Spurs

Votes: 57 50.9%

• Total voters

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We played better yesterday against international class players.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
The good old British losers mentality shines through again, as more people express pride in a defeat rather than a victory.....

:nono: :shootself

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
John Boy said:
But the Bristol City match was a must win. Spurs wasn't.

That's why I voted for yesterday's performance. They could have gone out and let Spurs play them off the pitch and excused their performance on the grounds that it wasn't a "must win" game and that they were outplayed by a Premiership team.

But they didn't. They played their hearts out.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Cardiff. We won that one!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
As a one off I would say yesterday made me most proud but the play off final was a culmination of months of hard work so I think my proudness was a bit more spread over a longer amount of time.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Yesterday. Bristol City was a game against a team that played in the same division and on paper could have gone either way. Yesterday if we had got beaten 3 or 4-0 no one would have been suprised. Instead we played some of the best football we have played for ages, and only a world class goal, that is a worthy goal of the month contender beat us.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Hungry Joe said:
He he, top marks for saying British, bet you were tempted to write English for a moment.

Not at all. There are no prouder bunch of losers than the Welsh, believe me. Every time our eggchasers get beaten (which is almost every time they play), the papers here are full of headlines about the brave Welsh heroes who battled so hard and made our whole nation proud with their fantastic efforts. It makes me want to puke.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Laughing Bluebird said:
The good old British losers mentality shines through again, as more people express pride in a defeat rather than a victory.....

:nono: :shootself

The question was about what made you proud of the team

We played better quality football yesterday than we did in the Millenium stadium and against better opposition.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How Welsh are you L.B.?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
dougdeep said:
How Welsh are you L.B.?

Born in Cardiff, lived here all my life. Adopted at birth. Natural father English, natural mother half English half Indian, adopted mother Welsh, adopted father half Russian half Polish (but he was born in Abercynon and has a strong Welsh accent!).

Work that one out!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Not at all. There are no prouder bunch of losers than the Welsh, believe me. Every time our eggchasers get beaten (which is almost every time they play), the papers here are full of headlines about the brave Welsh heroes who battled so hard and made our whole nation proud with their fantastic efforts. It makes me want to puke.

Interesting. I wonder what the Scots and Irish angle is. Can't see them being quite so forgiving of their own shortcomings sports-wise.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Blimey! I'm more Welsh than you are.(Mother's Father was from Cardiff.)

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Born in Cardiff, lived here all my life. Adopted at birth. Natural father English, natural mother half English half Indian, adopted mother Welsh, adopted father half Russian half Polish (but he was born in Abercynon and has a strong Welsh accent!).

Work that one out!

So you are very Welsh then.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
dougdeep said:
Blimey! I'm more Welsh than you are.(Mother's Father was from Cardiff.)

Well, as I've always lived here I've always considered myself Welsh. I've been supporting the Welsh football team for 30 years anyway! My natural parents both originated from Portsmouth, but I ended up being born in Cardiff and here I've stayed. Lucky me!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
cardiff was a great day, but always were pretty much 50/50 to win. This we were rank outsiders with a in form premiership team and we out played them and deserved at least the draw. :clap2:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There are a lot worse places to live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here