Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which left-back would you play?

Which (recognised) left-back would you play?

• Total voters

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
richards is getting better with each game, and apart from el abds cock up on saturday, we would have 6 clean sheets in a row - if it aint broke, dont fix it

when he goes though, there is no doubt that rents should be in there. lynch is so much better at centre half, and him and elphick could become one of the best centre back partnerships we have had in YEARS

Mayo-Not sure he's up to job anymore
Richards-Getting better but not fully up to the job yet
Rents-Probably the best option atm but being ignored by wilko
Cobbs-Injured & is needed as Worthing are having to play Dodge in that position atm but will probably not go out on-loan when he returns in Jan so is candidate

As far as Kerry is concerned I think he has been hard done by. He did well enough at the beginning of the season to get a starting berth and then 1 mistake and he's not seen again.

As for Rents he must be thinking what has he done to deserve missing out particularly with Richard's initial performances. The major area we miss Sam is with his quality delivery into the box and whilst we have been doing well and the back his benefit going forward could have made a difference.

Richards has been getting better and looks ok but I still don't think we need him.

IMO Joel is a centre half and not a left back.

At the moment I would say either Richards, or Lynch in there with Butters and Elphick as the centre pairing. Hopefully longterm Rents will come on enough to make the place his own and Lynch will move into the centre when Guy hangs his boots up.

I'd still be reasonably happy for Mayo to play if Richards was out.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I thought Richards was cack the first couple of games, but he's improved and was excellent against leeds. Think the shirts his for the moment. Still it's good that we have a number of useful options (and mayo) in that position.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The major area we miss Sam is with his quality delivery into the box and whilst we have been doing well and the back his benefit going forward could have made a difference.

fraser whipped in some pretty decent balls on saturday

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
richards has looked better in the last couple of games so would stick with him

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
I would play Richards at left-back and Lynch in the middle with Elphick. Hinsh (if he ever gets fit again) is versatile enough to play anywhere in the back four.

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
Rents alll the way for me, reminds me of a young Watto....
Saw Richards for 3 games on the spin and thought he was one of the worst full backs i had seen in a Brighton shirt, i did not see him against Leeds and he seems to have played well.....i just think Rents delivery is very good and he actually pushes on and overlaps the wide man which gives us vital extra width. I am not sure if Richards is allowed over half way ??

larus

richards is getting better with each game, and apart from el abds cock up on saturday, we would have 6 clean sheets in a row - if it aint broke, dont fix it

when he goes though, there is no doubt that rents should be in there. lynch is so much better at centre half, and him and elphick could become one of the best centre back partnerships we have had in YEARS

Is the correct answer. :thumbsup:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Richards... Mayo = last choice...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Mayo-Not sure he's up to job anymore
Richards-Getting better but not fully up to the job yet
Rents-Probably the best option atm but being ignored by wilko
Cobbs-Injured & is needed as Worthing are having to play Dodge in that position atm but will probably not go out on-loan when he returns in Jan so is candidate

nail. head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here