Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which former Brighton players were FAR too good for us at the time, but wouldn't even get in our reserve team these days?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
This thread is a bit of a non-starter really.

Most players who left us to go to higher leagues over the years didn’t have a sustained period of success. Therefore it is very hard to say any of them were FAR too good for us.

I don’t count Sidwell and Ingimarsson as they were only on loan.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I’m sure we’ve done this one recently, or maybe it was just ‘Which ex-player would still get into our first team?’… the result being Lawro and Vicente. Anyway, why does the OP always ask these types of questions without making a suggestion themselves?

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove

Most players who left us to go to higher leagues over the years didn’t have a sustained period of success. Therefore it is very hard to say any of them were FAR too good for us.

Dan Harding? Leo Ulloa (won the Premier League)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

. . .skating round the Facts, there's no fin in that.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Dan Harding who was average in the Championship for us, Leeds and Ipswich?

Ulloa barely played for Leicester in their Premier League title winning season.

Neither were FAR too good for us.

Debatable.

Harding got Southampton promoted to the Premier League. He left us when we were at Withers and it was a miracle we were even playing at that level.

Here's one for you then -

Colin Kazim-Kazim Richards.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Debatable.

Harding got Southampton promoted to the Premier League. He left us when we were at Withers and it was a miracle we were even playing at that level.

Here's one for you then -

Colin Kazim-Kazim Richards.
Dan Harding who started just 12 of 46 league games the season Southampton were promoted to the PL?

More like he got promoted with Southampton rather than being one of the catalysts of their promotion. They promptly sold him back down to Championship Nottingham Forest too so he never played in the Premier League.

No where near to being far far too good for us.

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
37 caps for Turkiye.

Top division title trophies in Turkiye, Greece, Brazil and Scotland, as well as 4x Cup trophies.

He was WAY too good for us back then.
I’m not doubting he went on to play at a much higher level than we were at the time, but to answer your own question, when he played for us I remember he was really quite disappointing and barely tried. He then put in a transfer request, so yes he definitely did think he was too good for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here