Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which football team did you play for ??

PCBEARDMLORD

Isn't it ?
Jan 30, 2008
Patcham
I am hoping this isn't fixtures however ...

About 18 years ago I played for Preston Panthers on a Sunday morning (aged about 13). Most of my School friends played for Fishersgate Flyers however I wasn't quite good enough....

Did any other NSC ers play for these teams ? What teams did you play for as School kids ?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
junior seagulls for a bit, then it was all about the DOMINATING southdown rovers

oh how teams used to fear making the journey to FORTREES leylands park

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
East Grinstead Meridien (sic)

Later became East Grinstead Town

First couple of seasons we lost heavily every game (10-0 plus) but between u14 and u16 we gradually became a pretty good team and got a couple of promotions.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
I am hoping this isn't fixtures however ...

About 18 years ago I played for Preston Panthers on a Sunday morning (aged about 13). Most of my School friends played for Fishersgate Flyers however I wasn't quite good enough....

Did any other NSC ers play for these teams ? What teams did you play for as School kids ?

I played for Coombe Rovers between about 1985 - 1989 before then playing for school / college teams.

I do remember that Preston Panthers were the team you'd expect to beat. Bevendean Barcelona (featuring a young Stuart Tuck) were the best team in the division.

I also played against Fishersgate Flyers but don't remember much about them?

Hove Park Colts were good as were Adur Athletic. In the east, I remember some good tussles aginst Old Town Boys.

Our local derby was against Hollingbury Hawks!

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Played for Withdean Wolves for a few games, played in the same team as Tom Fraser for Balfour Junior and Varndean Schools. Now play 5-a-side football for the Beach Boys in the Portsmouth Sunday Student Premiership:clap: (31 goals after six games so far this season:clap2:)

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Wealden FC (bunch of :tosser:) only ever picked there mates, so very rarley got a game
and
Fletching FC The complete opposite of wealden, great bunch of lads

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
Hassocks then moved to Marle Place Wanderers on a Sunday and Hurstpierpoint on a Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here