Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which FONT?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Hopefully those of you who are also stuck in the office, staring at the sunshine as bored and fed up as I am will understand why I've resorted to this to fill my day, but...

I've decided Arial has run its course in my work. I need something new and more exciting in my life. Everyone hates Times New Roman. I'm tempted by a bit of Calibri, but it doesn't seem to look right in a spreadsheet. I'm quite uninspired by the popular suggestion (in this office) of Tahoma.

So, good people of NSC - what do you use to make your work look not only top quality, efficiently and professional produced, but also as cool as the American Express Community Stadium itself?

:banana:

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
It's all about Trebuchet MS. Font of the Gods.

Absolutely. Me and all my work colleagues switched from Arial to Trebuchet about five years ago and now use it for all documents. Graphic design purists bleat that it's "a screen font not a print font", but it's the most nicest to look at (on paper as well as on screen) general text font I've encountered.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hopefully those of you who are also stuck in the office, staring at the sunshine as bored and fed up as I am will understand why I've resorted to this to fill my day, but...

I've decided Arial has run its course in my work. I need something new and more exciting in my life. Everyone hates Times New Roman. I'm tempted by a bit of Calibri, but it doesn't seem to look right in a spreadsheet. I'm quite uninspired by the popular suggestion (in this office) of Tahoma.

So, good people of NSC - what do you use to make your work look not only top quality, efficiently and professional produced, but also as cool as the American Express Community Stadium itself?

:banana:

Well, the signage at the stadium is in a font called 'DIN'.

FF DIN™ - Desktop font MyFonts

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
I love Impact, but isn't that practical for most office jobs sadly.

If I was boss of a company, I'd insist that was our typeface!

Bar that, Calibri and Verdana are pretty much the way forward, though I have no problem with the classic Arial.

But I think we've all agreed, Times New Roman is utter gash.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Verdana.

I particular like the way Verdana is very readable at 8pt. Particular useful if you want to ram a lot of data into a spreadsheet.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Comic Sans all the way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here