Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Broadband ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just looking to stop with Tiscali because £15 a month seems outdated and overpriced now.

Was considering the cheapest Plusnet option ( about £6 ) as we don't download much. Either that or go mobile with 3 as I now have a mobile phone contract with them so should get a good deal.

Done all sorts of comparison stuff but that goes on forever. Any advice and help from here wiould be much appreciated - especially experience of Plusnet & 3.

Thanks in advance.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Can't help with the ones you've suggested but I can hartily recommend O2's broadband service.

I get it for £10 a month as I'm on an O2 contract but non-customers can still get it too. 16mb speed and no restrictions on downloading, which is nice because I totally cane it. Connection seems very speedy compared with Virgin cable broadband and Orange broadband which I've had before.

Speaking of which, avoid Orange

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I've got O2 and I'm very happy with it.

Their customer service is also very good (e.g.free phone numbers).

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Depends on what you're willing to pay. Bt= expensive but good
O2=The best cheap one :p

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Just bought a pay as you go dongle from T mobile for 24.99, I can then get unlimited mobile internet for £15 a month with no contract ties. good deal if you want to avoid a lengthy contract and having a costly land line.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
happy plusnet user here. nice that you dont have to have a subscription and can change packages as you want. had a problem with the line recently and within 15 minutes of logging the problem (though that was tricky... how you suppoed to do online self diagnostics with intermittent connection?) they had emailed a temporary freephone for dial up access. nice touch.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I'm with Sky at the moment but am moving to O2 because if you go with O2 and register online through one of the cashback sites you can get their £10 a month broadband for effectively £20 for the first year.

Their £10 a month tariff offers the first three months free which means you only pay 9 months or £90 and then through a cashback site they are offering £70 at the moment so that means you get to pay £20 in total for a years unlimited broadband.

Can't be bad.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Having been with BT Broadband and with Sky, I have to say that O2 is head and shoulders above both. It is dirt cheap, reliable and the customer service is excellent.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I recently switched my phone service from BT to Talk Talk.
It costs about the same each month, except ALL my calls are now free.

So is the broadband - free for as long as I stay with them.

It is an excellent 8 Mb broadband service (was with SKY broadband before and this is as good if not better).

Can't recommend the service and price highly enough - £21 a month for phone (with all calls, even to mobiles and abroad) and broadband.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
We have TalkTalk and they do offer a good package and decent service.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here