Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's tonight's Extras thread?

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Embarrassingly bad. If that's the last episode... so f***ing what?
Sorry.

And what a waste of a genuinely great guest star.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Shame,they saved the worst until last.Just not funny 2 nite and what a waste of De Niro
After a great series a shit end:angry: :censored:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Bozza said:
Watching online now...

Ah, is it online now?
I looked when I got in from work about 1hr ago and they only had up to episode 5....???

In that case I shall open a bottle of red, and enjoy 30 minutes in the company of Andy Millman and Ba' from 'Eastenders.'

Am I having a laugh? Is he having a laugh?

Edit: TCB - if you go to BBC.co.uk, click on TV, the BBC2 it should direct you to the Extras page where you can watch all episodes on line. Alternatively, just type "Extras" in the search facility on the BBC.co.uk page. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Lord Bracknell said:
Who? Robert Lindsay?

Him too, indeed.
"Actor plays self as hideously egocentric..."

Hmm, haven't you cast this one before Mr Gervais?
I felt sorry for good old Foxy... :down:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
That was a really poor episode last night, left me really disappointed. Surely not the end?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I thought it was absolutely brilliant. The wanking scene was hysterical, as was the scene when Maggie went home and the blokes parents were up playing bridge. The elderly mum says she uses a diaphram and the old man says he sometimes also pops on a jonny, can't be too sure 'belt and braces' - quality.

De Niro looked well cool. Its was also pushing the comedy bounderies with the sick kid dying of cancer ffs thats close to the bone.

Really good tv, loved every second of it.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Of course, an episode which not only ties up the loose ends, like those first signs of a Maggie/Andy romance, his realising that being famous was double-egded sword blah blah, and ALSO has to accommodate Robert De Niro (FFS!) can't be as funny as, say, the one at the Baftas. But it was still fantastic though - the bit when Barry was wanking made me HURL and when the agent asked "so...have you any driven a taxi in real life?" was a diamond.

I honestly think it's better certainly than the brilliant but slightly overrated Fawlty Towers and, in me eyes, there is no higher praise than saying something's as good as the Young Ones. But it bloody is. Incredible series.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Man of Harveys said:
"so...have you any driven a taxi in real life?" was a diamond.

The fact that De Nero did for his role in Taxi Driver makes it even more funnier I suppose.

Apparantly while "preparing" as he is a method actor, a fare got in his cab and said "hey your that actor guy times must be tough".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here