cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
?????

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
At least it's just not me then. Bloody useless it is.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have just had TELEPHONE CALL....................CLEARED they are fecking useless

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
now on THANK YOU..............

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Yay, we're on

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Hows Yours

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Yep I just rang the commentary team and got it on - sometimes they turn it on and it doesn't work, but they dont know till someone tells em:bigwave:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
surely they can log on tinternet and check?

Perhaps in the turmoil they dont bother.

I complained to the Albion about a year ago and was given a number to ring if it dont come on.
This has done the trick on several occassions

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
The bastards won't even let me log on to SW. They took my subscription quick enough thou.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
There is something unacceptably amateurish deep at the heart of Premium TV. Yet they have for some reason been repeatedly awarded the contract for providing essential services for millions of footie fans across the UK and overseas. Here's what's wrong

1 Repeated failure to start match commentaries on time, and maintain links. "Connected. Framed. Cleared." recorded by some techie in that weird, Camillinesque voice, is on some days heard more often than the commentary .

2 The PTV "one site fits all" flatpack Club Website design template is appalling. Hard to read, lots of repeated information all over the page and no obvious prioritisation of more obviously important links like "Go to match commentary now!" highlighted in big red letters on the home page.

3 Their attempt at post match footage and commentary is transparently amateurish. Those dubbed-on commentaries never sound convincing - especially when players' names are clearly unknown to anyone in the editing suite.

4 How does their contract get renewed every season? Who at the Football League decides their performance is up to snuff? Is he a PTV director, by any chance?

And yet... the price at around three quid a month is actually good value - but only as long as it works.

Is there some mass movement of fans from all afflicted clubs, lobbying PTV for sorting themselves out? Anyone know?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Yep I just rang the commentary team and got it on - sometimes they turn it on and it doesn't work, but they dont know till someone tells em:bigwave:

Thanks to you again Uncle C

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Clubs that sign up get a chunk of money from PremTV from advertising income.

The clubs are not obliged to take the PremTV package.

A number of clubs, in the Premier, and at lower levels through the Leagues, go independent.

I've never understood why public service broadcasting - BBC - is allowed to sell exlusive rights to the commentaries to PremTV

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyone got a log-in code I can use

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I've never understood why public service broadcasting - BBC - is allowed to sell exlusive rights to the commentaries to PremTV

They don't according to the website:

"This live BBC match commentary is being simultaneously broadcast on BBC Southern Counties. The Football League has asked us to provide our live local radio commentary to club sites. No part of the subscription fee is being paid to the BBC."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here