Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where were the following players today?

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
I’ve tried to answer some, but others I’m baffled on given some of the youth names on the bench today.

Igor - not fancied and leaving?
Lamptey - injured again?
Gilmour - Going to be sold / weirdly not fancied?
Moder - Not fancied and likely to leave?
Dahoud - Same as Moder?
Yalcoye - weird one? Going to be loaned or injured?
Sima - Played in Japan but now not fancied and off?
Osman - not a clue?

And I’m assuming the following are still injured?
Bart
Pervis
Fergusson
Solly
Enciso

Poor injury list already again - we’ve been very unlucky.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I’ve tried to answer some, but others I’m baffled on given some of the youth names on the bench today.

Lamptey - injured again?
Dahoud - Same as Moder?
Osman - not a clue?

Bart
Pervis
Fergusson
Solly
Enciso

Malick Yalcouye is 18 and has the grand total of 14 senior appearances in Europe to his name. Pretty good chance he'll be loaned out for experience this season.
Abdallah Sima came on at half-time in both of the Japan matches but was subsequently subbed (for O'Mahony) on both occasions. Zero sign that he is in Huerzeler's thoughts for the Albion first team squad.
Ibrahim Osman is only one year older than Yalcouye and doesn't have much more experience. Think he would struggle to get sufficient game time with Welbeck, Ferguson and Pedro in the squad so again wouldn't be surprised at a loan this season.
But there weren't any "youth names" on the bench today :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Lamptey - injured again?
Dahoud - Same as Moder?
Osman - not a clue?

Bart
Pervis
Fergusson
Solly
Enciso

Gilmour and Igor were both there, seemed fully engaged. They sat immediately behind the subs for the match.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Malick Yalcouye is 18 and has the grand total of 14 senior appearances in Europe to his name. Pretty good chance he'll be loaned out for experience this season.
Abdallah Sima came on at half-time in both of the Japan matches but was subsequently subbed (for O'Mahony) on both occasions. Zero sign that he is in Huerzeler's thoughts for the Albion first team squad.
Ibrahim Osman is only one year older than Yalcouye and doesn't have much more experience. Think he would struggle to get sufficient game time with Welbeck, Ferguson and Pedro in the squad so again wouldn't be surprised at a loan this season.
Several senior-ish U21s who didn't go to Japan (or if they did, had little or no game time) will be wondering what comes next. Probable loans being arranged for the likes of Samuels, Offiah, Chouchane, Turns, McConville, Ifill, Duffus, for example?
What about Weir, again - three seasons in League1 now - surely will be sold rather than loaned again, unless Hurzeler sees a role for him. He looked OK in Japan, but PL level??

Edit: I notice that Turns, Offiah and Samuels are listed in the first team squad on the club website - without checking I think they might no longer qualify as U21s; McCoville seems to have disappeared from all squads.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Edit: I notice that Turns, Offiah and Samuels are listed in the first team squad on the club website- without checking I think they might no longer qualify as U21s; McCoville seems to have disappeared from all squads.
Samuels still qualifies as an U21 as he was born in 2003. Offiah and Turns were both born in 2002 so would have to be named in the 25 man squad if they are to be played in the PL this season.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Several senior-ish U21s who didn't go to Japan (or if they did, had little or no game time) will be wondering what comes next. Probable loans being arranged for the likes of Samuels, Offiah, Chouchane, Turns, McConville, Ifill, Duffus, for example?
What about Weir, again - three seasons in League1 now - surely will be sold rather than loaned again, unless Hurzeler sees a role for him. He looked OK in Japan, but PL level??

Edit: I notice that Turns, Offiah and Samuels are listed in the first team squad on the club website- without checking I think they might no longer qualify as U21s; McCoville seems to have disappeared from all squads.
I wouldn't pay much attention to the squad listings just yet. On both the Albion app and the website, Deniz Undav is still listed; on the app, Marc Leonard is still listed.

Ruairi McConville has a hamstring injury (which forced him to miss his home European U-19 Championships last month). He's definitely still here, he was at a BHAFC Foundation event recently.

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
Youth names meaning young players with very little first team experience… Cahill / Weir and to an extent O’Mahony & Moran :shrug: - very odd Osman and Yalcouye not in that squad - may well be in line for loans.

Sima - you’ve repeated what I said no?

Basically, nobody really has a clue then 🤣

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wouldn't pay much attention to the squad listings just yet. On both the Albion app and the website, Deniz Undav is still listed; on the app, Marc Leonard is still listed.
Yes, that's why I specified the source I was using, just to make it clear that I wasn't necessarily stating absolute ITK type facts.
Ruairi McConville has a hamstring injury (which forced him to miss his home European U-19 Championships last month). He's definitely still here, he was at a BHAFC Foundation event recently.
Ah, didn't know that (at least, I didn't know it when I posted - I must have forgotten when you told us about it!) :wink:

I wonder how accurate my guess-list of potential loanees will turn out to be. Three weeks left to find out ................................

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bart
Pervis
Fergusson
Solly
Enciso

A new Swedish player?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'd assume Igor, Moder, Sima, Dahoud and Gilmour are off/surplus to requirements. Osman likely to be loaned, maybe as a make weight for Kadioglu/O'Riley. Yalcouye will probably stick around on the fringes unless we get another CM in.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Not as a make-weight for O'Riley or Kadioglu then! I'd prefer to get him a loan in England if possible, to get used to football over here - but I have to say, in terms of the level they're at, Feyenord would be a decent option.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast

Lamptey - injured again?
Dahoud - Same as Moder?
Osman - not a clue?

Bart
Pervis
Fergusson
Solly
Enciso

Send an email to the club with your query. I’m sure they’ll fully inform you of their strategy regarding their players, which no doubt will be then forwarded to all interested parties. :thumbsup: :wink:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I think I read an article in the Athletic that suggested Igor was originally going to be Calvin Bassey but RDZ insisted on signing him instead. It visually fits with what we see as well that someone with the turning circle of a HGV isn't a classic stats lads signing we normally do.

It would make sense that he is 1 we are trying to shift on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here