Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is nice/nasty in Haywards Heath and Lindfield

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
im in ardingly about 2 miles north of haywards heath. is lovely village , 2 pubs great school 2 great nurseries and a bakery. what more do you want

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
America lane, new england road and bentswood cresent areas are generally accepted as HH bandit country, although it's worth remembering this is mid sussex and not north london so really shouln't be a worry if you find a nice place nearby.

It's probably worth checking burgess hill out as you seem to get more for your money down there. Cuckfield is easily done on a bike as well

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The lucastes part of town always seems pretty nice, and is a 5/10 minute walk from the station.

To be honest, most areas in HH are fairly nice, but there's just not a lot to do.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
By whom, the council or the tenants?

Well I presume the tenants tried their best, but a lot of it is being knocked down by the council because with the exception of the large flats I think. Knock down and start again, the best thing for it IMO.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Part of my quest to find an affordable and nice place in Sussex to start a family.

Which are the good streets in HH and what are the places to avoid??

Have been wondering this very same thing myself...except my budget is only about £200K, factoring in the commute :(

Not that I want somewhere to start a family, just house the one I've already got.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Have been wondering this very same thing myself...except my budget is only about £200K, factoring in the commute :(

Not that I want somewhere to start a family, just house the one I've already got.

Looking at £230k minimum for a 3 bedroom semi in a nice area in the Heath.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
America lane, new england road and bentswood cresent areas are generally accepted as HH bandit country, although it's worth remembering this is mid sussex and not north london so really shouln't be a worry if you find a nice place nearby.

It's probably worth checking burgess hill out as you seem to get more for your money down there. Cuckfield is easily done on a bike as well

Are they still nowadays? I lived in Boston Road for 20 years or so from the mid-60's and Bentswood was a tad rough, but other than that, not too bad.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

When I've been looking around there has been some reasonably decent looking houses for around that near Burgess Hill and Wivelsfield stations.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I know it's much smaller than HH and BH, and that not all the trains to and from London stop there, but Hassocks actually works quite well - it's got banks, plenty of day-to-day shops, surgeries, Indian/Chinese restaurants, infant, middle and comprehensive schools and a station. And you'd be near Brighton and can walk to the Downs.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Well I presume the tenants tried their best, but a lot of it is being knocked down by the council because with the exception of the large flats I think. Knock down and start again, the best thing for it IMO.

They didn't last long then, just under 40 years. Loved growing up there in the early 1970s, lots of green spaces and the woods at the back to play in. When I last visited the old snail climbing frame was still there.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
They didn't last long then, just under 40 years. Loved growing up there in the early 1970s, lots of green spaces and the woods at the back to play in. When I last visited the old snail climbing frame was still there.

The woods behind Wilmington way just reminds me of the bog trot at school, not so many happy memories!:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here