Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where exactly are we... with regards to Falmer and LDC?

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Where exactly are we......

with regards to Falmer. I know LDC have thrown a spanner in the works etc etc, but what I want to know is when are we likely to hear any more news regarding their appeal.

Is it going to court ? if so when ? and when are we likely to hear anymore on the matter ?

It's all gone very quiet again.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
We don't need Falmer any more. Apparantly we're merging with Crawley.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
surrey jim said:
I think there is a descision due in August sometime

same answer every year

I think LDC are winning in as much as everyones so hacked off and bored with the whole scenario that'll we'll die or go off football and get into croquet before anything ever happens

:nono:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
There aren't any dates set. The ODPM accepted one of the points that LDC was contesting and withdrew their initial decision or were told to reconsider it, not sure which.
All parties were told to write to the ODPM with their new evidence which obviously LDC will get right on.
We are currently waiting for the ODPM to re-issue its decision after considering the parties submissions.
Could be anytime between now and 2032.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Fragmented Badger said:
Martin Perry said he thought the next decision would be in October:(

And thats only a guess. There are no actual dates set. We're doomed to wait forever.
The ODPM will announce another yes this year, then LDC will appeal again so this December we'll end up exactly where we were last October.

Lewes District Council's Cabinet Committee is meeting next Tuesday (6 June) to consider how to respond to the Treasury Solicitor's response to their letter to him, that they sent at the beginning of May.

The LDC press release, dated 10 May, said:-

We have asked the Treasury Solicitor to respond to us by 1 June at the latest. Whilst Mr. Prescott has admitted to this particular mistake, he has failed to respond to any of the other grounds of the Council’s claim, of which there are 16 in total. We want a written assurance from the new Secretary of State that all the flaws identified in our challenge will be reconsidered before any new decision is issued. Provided the Secretary of State is willing to give us this assurance the case need not be heard in court.

Lewes District Council, Falmer Parish Council and the South Downs Society have also asked for a written undertaking from Ruth Kelly, the new Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government that John Prescott will take no further part at all in the re-determination of the Stadium application.

It is anticipated that the Cabinet of Lewes District Council will meet on 6th June 2006 to consider their decision whether to take the case to the High Court or agree the terms of a Consent Order as proposed in the letter of 6th April. The Treasury Solicitor’s response will be a crucial factor in the Cabinet’s decision.

The Treasury Solicitor has responded. It will be interesting to see whether LDC will now agree to the Consent Order and pull the case from the High Court.

Or whether they will find another excuse to delay things for as long as possible.

It will come as no surprise that the press and public will be excluded from the part of next Tuesday's meeting that will discuss this item.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Dougal said:
prescott f ked this delay up. To busy getting bump and flex of the secratary

What do you expect from a slease ridden inept labour government

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'm sick to f***ing death of the delaying tactics of that bunch of LDC wankers and the inability of the national Government to take a decision without making basic prattish mistakes.

As has been said above, we will be waiting for some no good national politician to make a decision this October , next October and every other f***ing October.

And how half a dozen people who don't even live in or represent Brighton can hold things up and stick their noses in where its not wanted is absolutley beyond me.

I'm not prepared to put up with it much longer. I want us to do something to piss them off as much as they are pissing me off.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
August 28th 2039

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It will come as no surprise that the press and public will be excluded from the part of next Tuesday's meeting that will discuss this item.

I think a massive support outside the building and basically abusing them as they walk in is now called for. I am fed up of being nicey nicey it has got us all nowhere.

Where and when is it and who is going to organise a demo ???

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
LB quote:

"It will come as no surprise that the press and public will be excluded from the part of next Tuesday's meeting that will discuss this item."

Well, it surprises me that LDC can get away with that... were they not democratically elected?... why should the public not take part?... it begs the question... what are they trying to hide?... fcuking outrageous...

I too, am fed-up with us playing the part of the nice guys... these w@nkers in the LDC need to be taught a lesson... and as for Prescott, he is a lardy fcuking clown...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Barry Hazgon said:
I'm sick to f***ing death of the delaying tactics of that bunch of LDC wankers and the inability of the national Government to take a decision without making basic prattish mistakes.

As has been said above, we will be waiting for some no good national politician to make a decision this October , next October and every other f***ing October.

And how half a dozen people who don't even live in or represent Brighton can hold things up and stick their noses in where its not wanted is absolutley beyond me.

I'm not prepared to put up with it much longer. I want us to do something to piss them off as much as they are pissing me off.
Totally agree. We have been far far far too reasonable and tolerant and all it's done is make us look weak.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The problem is I dont think there is anything we can do.....the people of Lewes know our plight...they know it may cost them money...if we have a march and its gets nasty, we lose their support, if it doesnt, LDC wont give a toss anyway.

I think this has to run its course.

I do suggest we make it as difficult as possible for the Liberal democrats at their conference though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here