Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where does this leave Jimmy Mac?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Sounded like Calderon and Imelda had good games and Gus seems to be keen to stick with Elphick/Virgo in the middle. Of course this is just one game and we want strength in depth, but where does this leave what many people believe to be the best left back we've had for a long time - Jimmy McNulty?

Lush

Mods' Pet
Sounded like Calderon and Imelda had good games and Gus seems to be keen to stick with Elphick/Virgo in the middle. Of course this is just one game and we want strength in depth, but where does this leave what many people believe to be the best left back we've had for a long time - Jimmy McNulty?

Painter is cup tied, so that answers your question for Saturday at least.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Trying his hardest to regain his place I would hope.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Does Elf miss the Villa game for picking up a 5th booking ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Perhaps GP wants to give him a shot at playing left midfield ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nope. Suspension lists reset in December.

Thanks , new rules started at the beginning of the season so they go back to zero after Dec 31st and not in February as before.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What do you mean..where does that leave McNulty?

These questions are pretty boring and tedious to read.
It's a squad game simple.If your not in the starting 11 then it's your job to be ready when you get the chance.Just because we sign new players it doesn't mean players are leaving.

What do you mean..where does that leave McNulty?

These questions are pretty boring and tedious to read.
It's a squad game simple.If your not in the starting 11 then it's your job to be ready when you get the chance.Just because we sign new players it doesn't mean players are leaving.

Eggs acklee.

Why does a thread like this crop up after ONE match with new players?

TRHK - burn yourself.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Eggs acklee.

Why does a thread like this crop up after ONE match with new players?

TRHK - burn yourself.

You would think people would enage there brains more on here.If they paid more attention to what Gus said the other day about the lack of left footers at the club then people wouldn't post crap like this.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Where does this leave Jimmy Mac?

On the bench, presumably!

Chip.jpg

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Slightly unnecessary criticism of the thread, but from the usual curmudgeons, so ignored.

I'm not suggesting that there is unrest or that he will throw a hissy fit or anything in particular. However, he didn't start yesterday when only a few games ago he was (if fit) nailed on. I was interested to see what people thought about this - yes it's a squad game, but it's interesting to see that a player of the quality of JM is now on the bench - a marker of the improvement in the squad?

Totally legitimate discussion about how a new player walks into the side, has (only one so far I accept) decent game, and relegates one of our regulars to the bench. I think there is a fair bit to discuss in that.

Curmudgeons - stuff it. It's not a crap question - it's totally reasonable to explore it and it is one JM will presumably be asking himself.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
McNulty, defensively hasn't been up to it.

Painter has proven himself as a good League 1 left back in a championship winning side.

It's a no brainer.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Totally legitimate discussion about how a new player walks into the side, has (only one so far I accept) decent game, and relegates one of our regulars to the bench. I think there is a fair bit to discuss in that.

Since when has Jimmy been a regular this season?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
...Totally legitimate discussion about how a new player walks into the side, has (only one so far I accept) decent game, and relegates one of our regulars to the bench. I think there is a fair bit to discuss in that.....

Of the 2 new players yesterday I would think that Calderon was totally expected. The only question I had over this was why Hoyte was so keen to sign until the end of the season when it must have been apparent that he wouldn't be first choice at RB any more.

I had expected Painter to play, but there was doubt over the position. If he'd been picked at left centre (instead of Elphick) then I guess that would have been less contentious. But the times I've seen McNulty since his return he has appeared to be hesitant when defending - no problem with his attacking play though. Poyet probably made a decision that away from home Painter would be more reliable. McNulty will play next Sat and, if he does well, will put a lot of pressure on Poyet for the next game (unless he decides to play Painter at CB).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here