Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where do you want to sit at Falmer?

DanielT

where would you sit, given the chance? (realistic chance, not necessarily 1901 club chance!)

Things I have been wondering:

How high up is the back of Falmer's east stand compared to the south stand at Withdean? Is the top of the new West stand too high to feel part of it?

I know a view is subjective, but personally, I think between half way and 3/4 up the South stand is an excellent view

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Whereever I end up I will be standing not sitting!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You are quite a long way back if you're at the back of the east.
Having stood on the 3rd tier of the west stand, thats where I want to be, opposite the edge of one of the penalty areas. I'd pretty much already decided that anyway though.

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
where would you sit, given the chance? (realistic chance, not necessarily 1901 club chance!)

Things I have been wondering:

How high up is the back of Falmer's east stand compared to the south stand at Withdean? Is the top of the new West stand too high to feel part of it?

I know a view is subjective, but personally, I think between half way and 3/4 up the South stand is an excellent view

Top of the east stand is probably relative to the op of the south stand at withdean. But you would be closer because of the lack of runniing track.

This pic is from above the top row of seats in the east:

Attachments

• Falmer tour 031.jpg
    Falmer tour 031.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 272

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm surprised more people don't want the goalmouth action of being behind the goal on the North Stand.

After years of SIDE ON Withdean action, surely you'd like a change, Easy?

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I'm surprised more people don't want the goalmouth action of being behind the goal on the North Stand.

I want to sit behind the goal in the north stand, between the two posts, halfway up the stand!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I wouldn't mind watching the occasional game from behind the goal, but generally I like being in an ELEVATED position alongside the pitch. The views better.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
1. It'll feel the TINIEST bit like being back at the Goldstone.
2. Excellent close up views for those 87th minute corners when it's 1-1.
3. Probably where most of the proper chanting will happen.
4. When players score, behind the goal is pretty much the only place you get the players coming RIGHT up to the fans for a bit of CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES.
5. Penalties.

North Stand. Got to be.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I wouldn't mind watching the occasional game from behind the goal, but generally I like being in an ELEVATED position alongside the pitch. The views better.

The view is better, but I reckons the atmosphere will be worse.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
no idea....somewhere away from the pottymouth yoofs

DanielT

Thanks for that photo Stu, it was helpful to get a comparison of the view.

I used to like the 18yard line G/H block, half way up the stand. But the ideal would be to have two season tickets, one at each 18yard so you can swap at half time ;-)

To me, that's the downside of behind the goal too.

So at Withdean, I've settled on middle of the pitch, the half way up D block.

At Falmer, I think either near the back of East or front row of the West's top tier or near back of the lower tier.

Not wanting the sun in my eyes is another consideration - so the East stand is probably out! OK, decision made!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
1. It'll feel the TINIEST bit like being back at the Goldstone.
2. Excellent close up views for those 87th minute corners when it's 1-1.
3. Probably where most of the proper chanting will happen.
4. When players score, behind the goal is pretty much the only place you get the players coming RIGHT up to the fans for a bit of CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES.
5. Penalties.

North Stand. Got to be.

Is the RIGHT answer :amex::clap2::amex::clap2::amex:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here