Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

where do you think we need to improve and who with?

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
hi all just wondering where fans think we will need to improve to do well next season to be honest i think we have a very strong team so not much would have to change but maybe get a few players in to challenge for a starting place in the team .... heres how i think the team will be and // next to a name means i think we need to find someone for that pos..

GK .. Ankergen// hes a great goalkeeper but no one really to back him up if gets hurt not a major but always good to challenge ! ... target mannone from arsenal loan

RB .. Calderon - great player

LB .. painter - great player

CB .. greer - great player

CB .. el-abd - great player .... may need another CB to cover either if they get injured our other centre back still abit young for the champ

RM .. bennett - hope we dont sell him great player

LM .. noone// only time will tell if hes got it for the championship ... target not sure ???

CM .. bridcutt - def going to be a fans fav in the future

CM .. dicker// dont think we need to sign no one as we have alot of young talent to challenge his place like battipiedi and caskey

ST .. murray// im sure people have seen the rumors about him leaving so who know hope he dont go, if he does i hope sandaza gets a chance to replace him

ST .. wood// only on loan but with a bit of luck we can get him on loan again if we can then ... target howkins

so what do people think ??

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'd like to see us bring in some good cover for the full-backs & central defenders; a quality, experienced creative central midfielder & a proven goalscoring striker. Oh, and here's hoping we get young Kazenga back here in the Summer.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
If we want to be challenge at the right end of the table I feel we need to strengthen all-over, with at least half a dozen signings.

Our current lot would be good enough for mid-table I feel.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I reckon Gus will:

Retain: Murray, Bridcutt, Dicker, Agdestein and Smith. Maybe also Navarro.
Release: Baz, Batti, Kish, Sandaza, Poke, Hart
Look to move on: Brezovan, Elphick.

So assuming Tano also retires we are likley to seek a Keeper, 2 full backs, another center half, two central midfielders, at least one winger and 2 strikers. So 9 players in total I reckon.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
see thats why i dont think we will sign huge amounts of players like some people think as i feel gus and the board would really only be looking for a mid table finish just get to know the league and the other teams then season after "splash the cash" on players and if with any luck try to get the play offs, but i feel next season we will prob see 2 signings plus 3 loans prob lua lua and woods being 2 of them

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
see thats why i dont think we will sign huge amounts of players like some people think as i feel gus and the board would really only be looking for a mid table finish just get to know the league and the other teams then season after "splash the cash" on players and if with any luck try to get the play offs, but i feel next season we will prob see 2 signings plus 3 loans prob lua lua and woods being 2 of them

I think you are incorrect. I think the target will be playoffs and the budget will reflect that. You have to keep fans (and Gus!!) motivated, especially if you want to refill the stadium for the 2nd season and beyond with STH's. Of course, there are no guarantees of where you will finish, that is true. But the target must be to try and get a Premiership place or at least die trying, to coin a phrase. Millwall. Leeds, and Norwich have all been there or thereabouts this season, so can we next season!. :)

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

Bloom says the aim is for a top-six finish: Top six - Tony Bloom quote

Plus Gus has already said he wants 6+ signings

northernblue

Nov 24, 2010
I think the clubs biggest objective over the summer is keeping Gus!!! There will be loads of clubs who will look to come in for him after what he has done, and Im sure he will be tempted to get into the premiership! I hope he stays with us as he has been and will be the key to our success!!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I reckon Gus will:

Retain: Murray, Bridcutt, Dicker, Agdestein and Smith. Maybe also Navarro.
Release: Baz, Batti, Kish, Sandaza, Poke, Hart
Look to move on: Brezovan, Elphick.
I think your about right there. I dont think he'll look to move on Brezovan.

For me I think he'll go for full back cover, two new center halfs, two new midfielder, one central, one central/winger, and two new strikers. One to play with Murray (if he stays), Hoskins, and one to push them hard, with Agdestain and Barnes behind them.

I see it at the moment
Ankergren
Cauldron ***** ***** Painter
Bennet Bridcutt ***** ****/Noone
Murray *******

I think Greer and El-Abd will play a part, but it not surprise me at all to see a new pairing there next season. I think Greers proved his a bit of a loose cannon, and El-Abd doesn't seem to play as well without him.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I think the clubs biggest objective over the summer is keeping Gus!!! There will be loads of clubs who will look to come in for him after what he has done, and Im sure he will be tempted to get into the premiership! I hope he stays with us as he has been and will be the key to our success!!
I dont think there much danger of him going yet. He does seem completely switch on, and I think he knows to too soon for a top top job, and I dont think he's going to be tempter by mid table or below in the Premiership as he knows hes got every chance of getting that here.

The one and only club that concerns me at the moment, is Aston Villa. The like of Tottenham/Chelsea are too soon for him,and he probably knows that, but Villa are a huge club, and they are the only side I could see him realistly leaving for at the moment.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
We're up! We've got one of the most charismatic managers in Britain. We have a brand new mega stadium. Adjust your sights everyone. I think we'll make some big additions, players that can play the Gus way. I also expect the new guy from Watford to have a hit list agreed with Gus that will leave us all breathless. We have just become a very big attraction.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Goalkeeper as cover for Casper,
Cover at right back, Left back too if McNulty goes,
Experienced centre half,
Another wide midfielder (Kazenga)
At least one striker, Two if Murray goes

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I dont think there much danger of him going yet. He does seem completely switch on, and I think he knows to too soon for a top top job, and I dont think he's going to be tempter by mid table or below in the Premiership as he knows hes got every chance of getting that here.

The one and only club that concerns me at the moment, is Aston Villa. The like of Tottenham/Chelsea are too soon for him,and he probably knows that, but Villa are a huge club, and they are the only side I could see him realistly leaving for at the moment.

I honestly don't think Gus would feel he has the managerial experience yet to manage at a club like Villa. Additionally, I don't think they'd have a punt on him for the same reason. I have a feeling that a certain David Moyes might be bound for Villa Park if Everton's dire financial state leads to the sale of their top players in the Summer (& he isn't given any decent money to spend). He must be feeling pretty bloody frustrated with continually having to work with such relatively meagre resources.

Wottons Right Boot

Dec 31, 2010
LM .. noone// only time will tell if hes got it for the championship ... target not sure ???

so what do people think ??

As somebody who has watched Craig Noone play championship football, i can safely say that he has what it takes. Towards the latter part of last season he was tearing it up in the Championship. Leicester fans in particular will remember how good he was at Home Park in our 1-1 draw.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Greer is too slow for the Championship - and has proved (TWICE) that he can't be trusted to keep his head. Murray is unproven at Championship level, and Barnes misses too many chances. Gus will definitely look to bring in a central defender and forward who have shown that they can perform in the division. If LuaLua can be brought back, then he and Noone will provide enough width, given that Benno seems to be used inside more and more. They also need experienced cover at fullback, but not QUITE as experienced as Tanno. To me, the great unknown is central midfield. Is Dicker good enough for the higher level?

Since Tony Bloom wants Gus to stay, I'm sure he'll provide the funds to make us competitive. A relegation season at the new stadium would not be good for morale or for business ...

I see the basis of next year's side as:

Ankergren:
Calderon, XXXXX, El-Abd, Painter;
Bridcutt;
Bennett, XXXXX, Noone or LuaLua;
XXXXX, XXXXX or Wood if WBA will let him go.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Bloom wants a top 6 finish and Gus has said he wants 6 or 7 new signings. Depending on weather players like Wood and Lualua are included in that figure or additional to them.

Gus has always says he wants 2 players for each position except GK's, so a 23 man squad:

GK - Brezovan, Ankergren + 1st choice, we will only get in a goalkeeper who is better than we have otherwise use Walker as 3rd

FB - Calderon, Painter, McNulty + defensive RB maybe an experienced player or maybe Kishichev will be that cover

CB - Greer, El-Abd, Dunk, + 1st choice, If we sign an experienced CB I'd expect Elphick to look elsewhere

W - Bennett, Noone, Lualua, If we get Lualua then the 3 should be enough

CM - Dicker, Sparrow, Navarro, Bridcutt, unsure about Nav staying if he doesn't then expect a replacement

ST - Murray, Barnes, Sandaza + 1st choice, expecting 1 new signing and Sandaza to stay

Players to be released: Poke, Battipiedi, Baz & Holroyd
Players who will be kept on: Kishichev, Hart, Smith

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

target = LuaLua

Then Noone on the right and Bennett in behind the front two.

:thumbsup:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Right back cover/competition for Calderon
New centre back can't see Elphick being the back up next year
Midfield depends on Bennett and potential interest but would like to see a lot more goals from midfield.
Up top I think we be some big changes we miss a lot of chances and you can see Gus pulling his hair out about it.

Mammoth

Kickin' back
Jan 28, 2011
Manchester Ship Canal
If tony bloom is truly serious about competing in the top six, and money were no object, I would imagine Anks, Calde, Bridcutt, Bennett and maybe maybe Murray would be the only survivors in a starting XI next season.

Otherwise get in a CB better than big Gordon, and a Zamoraesque hitman and mid table respectability should be ours.

If Norwich go up what about Crofts coming back?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here