Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where can I buy

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Help Please-Where can I buy

A new computer from?

Don't need all of the crap they bundle into a system 'cos I already have monitor, printer, etc.

I've been bidding on eBay for a few but it gets tiresome getting outbid at the last minute:angry:

Any suggestions? Don't want to pay through the nose either.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Re: Help Please-Where can I buy

I appreciate that this is hardly a revolutionary idea, and probably not the cheapest option either, but I picked up an excellent new system from PC World a few weeks back.

Like you, I was only looking for a new tower as I already had a perfectly good scanner, printer and monitor.

I managed to pick up a tower with all mod cons for £600. I realise I could have probably got a cheaper deal somewhere if I'd shopped around, but this one seemed like a pretty good deal and it has everything I need. It's performing superbly and I'm very pleased with it.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's not performing that superbly TLB. You're still here! :lolol:

:jester:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I would never ever recommend that anyone goes near PC world. Heres an example. I needed a usb cable for my new printer and couldn't believe how cheap they were at 89p from the internet site where I was buying the printer so I looked on the PC World website to see what they wanted. £13. And when I looked up the printer it was twice the price for exactly the same one.

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
The Great Cornholio is selling this for £200. Bargain, imo. PM him for details.

Athlon 2000
512MB RAM
60GB Hard Disk
15" TFT Monitor
Radeon 8500 Graphics Card
CDRW
DVD Drive
Legit copy of Windows XP Home.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Wozza said:

Legit copy of Windows XP Home.
Is there any other version? :angel:

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'd buy a Dell - very reliable and very good value for money.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Thanks for the advice guys. Must admit that I hadn't considered Dell-might go and have a look.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Build your own

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Bwian said:
Thanks for the advice guys. Must admit that I hadn't considered Dell-might go and have a look.

I've just bought 2 Dell PCs, one for home and one for work. Very pleased with both and good value.

Dell will build to your specification and deliver to your door in little over a week. My work computer had a problem with the monitor, one phone call had a new one delivered on the next working day.

What more could you want?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here