Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are people planning to meet up at Cardiff?

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
I hope to be at Cardiff central 5.30ish where is best to go from there? (Aside from the ground obviously)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Cardiff is a great city for pubs, you won't struggle.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Defo start in the wetherspoons on the corner(prince of wales) for 1 followed by any in the many pubs down St Marys street until we get to the castle, then about a 15min walk to the ground. I canne wait:)

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Prince of Wales is s huge home pub and it's often best going great western spoons next to the station!!

I didnt realise that bud, doesnt seem the kind of place you'd get trouble in tho. I thought the bigger home pubs would be closer to the ground, the great western is decent too and loads of other pubs nearby!!

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
IOts not the nicest place in the World 2 visit im afraid, my advice would be to leave the pubs alone, soz but i speak from several trips there over the years ???

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
I've had many a bad night out in St Mary's St including a very dodgy New Year's Eve so will avoid that area. I just wondered where Albion fans might be congregating. If it is a Wetherspoons, I'll see you in the ground, Cardiff has many decent pubs as someone said before, I wouldn't count Wetherspoons as one but things may have changed since living near here two years ago.

And Cardiff is a nice place to visit, it is a great city although I was shocked at the 'welcome' received when I went to Ninian Park 10 or so years ago. Things have apparently changed and Cardiff won a families welcome award or something similar last season. A local said that the family stand would be opened up and both sets of fans could mix together tonight - dunno if that is true though.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Thanks aberllefenni.

Can I just apologise to all about the grammar of the thread title? IN Cardiff not AT Cardiff. Surprised the grammar police didn't pick up on it sooner; my, how things have changed on here

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
IOts not the nicest place in the World 2 visit im afraid, my advice would be to leave the pubs alone, soz but i speak from several trips there over the years ???

Cardiff is a lovely city full of great pubs. It's a massive student place (admittedly they won't be around in the summer), so there's pretty much no "no-go" pubs in the city centre as far as I can recall.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
So has Cardiff changed massively from Ninnian Park days?

It's the only football ground i've visited where I haven't felt safe. It made Millwall away feel like a walk in the park.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
So has Cardiff changed massively from Ninnian Park days?

It's the only football ground i've visited where I haven't felt safe. It made Millwall away feel like a walk in the park.

Yes, it has:

The Fan Experience Company

FansNetwork/RamZone - I.Saw's Match Report - Stop The Ride I Want To Get Off !! - Derby County news

"Still look on the bright side, plenty of leg room, enough for a conga, friendly locals, PS3’s in the concourse free of charge, activities for the kiddies. Cardiff are the official Family Club of the year 2011, they truly deserve it, especially when you consider how they were at Ninian Park. An amazing achievement, the best ground and pre-match atmosphere I can recall in forty odd years of following the Rams."

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Will be in Sand Martin pub before match with 3 friends. Football friendly and welcomes both home and away supporters. Reasonably priced food and will also be a "football menu" available

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here