Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When's The Last Time You Went To An England Game?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Watching the match last night,then i started to realise i hadn't been to an england game for years
It was actually 1999 against France at the old wembley,got played off the park by zidane & co,anelka bagged a brace,should of been a hat-trick,it was clearly over the line

What about you?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Last year in the friendly against holland because I was offered free tickets in the corporate area. Quite an enjoyable game as it turned out but little to no atmosphere, not a very good spectator experience at Wembley- you can feel the decline of the English national team around the place.

I enjoyed my experience in the away end with the Ghana fans much more.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
The last England Scotland game at the old Wembley for me I think. Or maybe Brazil friendly.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Vs Wales at old Trafford in a Euro qualifier.

I was sat underneath the men of Harlech at the Stretford end and spent the game being gobbed on and dodging various missiles.

We spanked them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The last game was away to Russia about 5 years ago.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
England v Ukraine May 2000

Went to a GB game in the Summer though. My only good memories of going to England games, were Scotland and Spain in Euro 96.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
first game after world cup 2010 against hungary. Bob z made an england start :) essentially went to tick wemberley off the liat.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
09/09/09 - a birthday treat for my son who was 9 on that day. We beat Croatia 5-1.
Before that a friendly in Foxboro stadium Boston when we lost 2-0 to USA. (June 93)
That's it for England matches for me apart from a B international at Loftus Road in the 90s, Under 19 match at the Amex and 7 a side Paralympics match against Brazil saturday before last.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
2003 England v Turkey at the Stadium of Light

2 - 0 England, Rooney was fantastic that night, i thought i'd witnessed the dawn of a footballing god!

The atmosphere was brilliantly hostile inside the stadium, outside it was like the wild west, lads from leeds, boro, sunderland and newcastle fighting each other. Anyone with a bit of colour in their cheeks was obviously Turkish and was given a good hiding.

I decided i was getting a bit long in the tooth for all the aggro that was associated with following England.

Can't remember the exact game or even year, but it was the first game I'd been to since the arrival of that band playing the same old dirge over and over and over again for the full 90 minutes, God save The Queen, Come on England, and The great Escape.

I will never go back until they are banned.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
against Romania at the old Wembley when Hagi, Dumitrescu and Petrescu et al were playing.....

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
1984/85 v Ireland at old Wembley. Terrible view - like away end at Withdean only much further back.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
A 4-1 defeat of Holland in the nineties. England supporters, middle-aged, middle-class sort of people with children in tow, booed the Dutch anthem and I said I'd never go again and I haven't. And I won't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here