Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

when's the draw for the second round of the league cup?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Like it.Can't beat being confident. :drink:

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
I have to admire your restraint Surrey Jim. I see these posts from people who clearly have the internet and therefore the ability to search things for themselves and it enrages me how, shall we say, lazy these people are. or, just plain dumb. Google it!

Anyway, well done you!

it gives surrey something to do. :thumbsup:

and the rest of the internet scares me. it's nice and warm in here.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I thought that matches would still be happening on Wednesday night... So I can't imagine the draw taking place before those games.

I'd expect it to be on Saturday

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I am glad you took my comment sio lightly, wasn't aimed at you, it's just Jim is always very helpful with these things. Having met him a couple of times I know he is a very nice, friendly bloke.

:thumbsup: Still remeber that night in the King and Queen asking one of the bar staff why they wouldnt throw the woman out who was clearly pissed as a fart and annoying all the customers, - Because she's the landlady came the reply!!

Looks like this thread jinxed the result last night :angry:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
http://www.accrington.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=208543

Carling Cup: Second Round draw tonight

THE draw for the Second Round of the Carling Cup will take place this evening once the remaining three games have taken place.

Accrington Stanley will be in the draw after defeating npower Championship side Doncaster Rovers on Tuesday evening.

Stanley defeated Sean O'Driscoll's men at The Keepmoat Stadium in extra time after substitute Chris Turner cancelled out Josh Payne's opener for the hosts, with just seven minutes of normal time remaining.

Craig Lindfield struck just three minutes into the first half of extra time to send John Coleman's men through.

The Reds will now face opposition from either the Premier League or Championship in the next round, with Stanley being one of the lower league unseeded sides.

Cardiff, Sheffield United and Reading will be seeded if they win their first-round ties tonight against Burton, Hartlepool and Torquay respectively. If they lose, Scunthorpe, Crystal Palace and Norwich are likely to replace them as seeds.

The draw takes place on SkySports News at around 10pm (Or after all three games have been concluded).

Seeded: Everton, Birmingham, Blackburn Rovers, Stoke, Fulham, Sunderland, Bolton, Wolves, Wigan, West Ham, Newcastle, West Brom, Blackpool, Burnley, Hull, Portsmouth, Leicester, Swansea, Middlesbrough, Ipswich, Watford, Preston, Cardiff*, Sheffield United*, Reading*.

Unseeded: Leeds, Millwall, Sheffield Wednesday, Peterborough, Huddersfield, Southampton, Colchester, Brentford, MK Dons, Rochdale, Bradford, Crewe, Accrington Stanley, Morecambe, Northampton, Oxford, Notts County, Port Vale, Shrewsbury, Southend, Leyton Orient, Tranmere, Scunthorpe*, Crystal Palace*, Norwich*.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here