Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

when you get the go ahead for Falmer......

wilbob

Oct 22, 2005
How long will it be before I can pay a visit to you guys in your plush new surroundings?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
About 3 years. So sadly you will have to put up with Withdean for a few more years.

As will we...it's alright for away fans, they only have to visit the place once a year.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Bwian said:
As will we...it's alright for away fans, they only have to visit the place once a year.

But for us its sort of home. Ive grown used to the surroundings so three more years dose not bother me to much, all though i will enjoy getting a new one!

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
I'm sure a season or two into Falmer (fingers crossed) they'll be "The best thing about Withdean" threads, where we can all look back through rose-tinted glasses about how wonderful Withdean was...

Or maybe not!:jester:

Shizuoka Dolphin said:
I'm sure a season or two into Falmer (fingers crossed) they'll be "The best thing about Withdean" threads, where we can all look back through rose-tinted glasses about how wonderful Withdean was...
I'll start it now.

The best thing about Withdean is that you can walk up and down the running track before the game, and at half time, meeting people and chatting - in a way that you NEVER can at other grounds.

This only applies in the South Stand, obviously.

Last edited:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
The best thing about Withdean....

.....was that we won 2 Championships and a play-off final in the relatively short time we were tennants there.

An incredible achievment really when yoiu look back at it. Most clubs (including us previously) go decades without a taste of that sort of success.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...so based on our progress, level of success during recent years and the law of averages, we must be due a European trophy before we leave for Falmer.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The best thing about Withdean......

was when we were marching up the leagues, and sitting there on a warm summers or spring day, and we were bound to win. Zamora cracking them in. The stamping of the feet when we have a corner, and Rocketman (seconded)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think the best thing about Withdean has been the top quality catering we've been blessed with. We surely have the best burgers at any football ground in the UK?

Washed down with £1.50 bottles of Co-op bottled water:lolol:

Sorry Withdean is a souless arena not worth of proffessional sport in Brighton. I shan't miss it. I celebrated some great parts of the Albions history here and watched some albion legends don the stripes on the pitch, but if we'd have been @ the goldstone or Falmer those moments would have been better.

Only plus point to Withdean...it's in Brighton (where we belong) and not Gillingham.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
The best bit about Withdean is that it's the only stadium in Britain where you can see 'Kick Racism Out' posters in front of a stand of people dressed up as the KKK

wilbob

Oct 22, 2005
As I've only been as an away fan I've got to say I found NOTHING good about the place! Not your fault I know & better than nothing but You've got to be so looking forward to your move! Hopefully!) By the way some of the guys on red passion say they'll be going to stoke to support you as our game a Vale has been moved to the friday, don't know how many yet but there should be a few.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here