Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

when you cant sit in the family stand no more?

What happens when the kids are too old for the family stand? where do you go if all s/t are taken up? At a meeting with the club i suggested when the corners got filled in the south east corner could become an u18 section a good transition from family stand to north,the club said but where would they go once over 18? same applies when too old for the family stand i would have thought????

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nobody knows.

I will be in this position in 5 years. I'm banking on the expansion being done by then.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Ignoring the teeth grinding grammar of the op - here is my understanding from the season ticket presentation.

At the end of each season family stand season ticket holders, who no longer qualify for the family stand, will be invited to take their pick from the seats available, for the next season. These will come from the current float of available seats to be purchased on a match by match basis in the East Stand and from non-renewals elsewhere in the stadium (excluding those fancy buy your own seat arrangements).

Ignoring the teeth grinding grammar of the op - here is my understanding from the season ticket presentation.

At the end of each season family stand season ticket holders, who no longer qualify for the family stand, will be invited to take their pick from the seats available, for the next season. These will come from the current float of available seats to be purchased on a match by match basis in the East Stand and from non-renewals elsewhere in the stadium (excluding those fancy buy your own seat arrangements).

Thats what i would have thought,but this could not be done for an u18 age group! SO HOW CAN IT BE DONE FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY?:moo:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
We opted for WSU rather than Family Stand when we went to our presentation as oldest grandson will be 16 in 4 year's time and, if we do really well, there's no guarantee that we'd be able to get 3 seats together.

I thought an 14 TO 18 stand next to north stand would help create the atmo that the current board crave for! Imagine another 1,000 youngsters all joining in with the north!
The atmo would spread round to the family stand and the 14-18 group is the age range that will be most likely to become life long fans if the product is good!:moo:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Couyld be corners - or perhaps the upper tier in the east. If we expand to a 30k stadium (and therefore give away teams 3k per match and 4.5k for cup ties) then that still means we will need to fill another 7k of seats. Whilst there is some pent up demand, my guess is that there will be c4k available on a match by match basis and given that the family stand is about 2k then a natural turnover of say 15% per year (300 people) should be easily rehoused.

Couyld be corners - or perhaps the upper tier in the east. If we expand to a 30k stadium (and therefore give away teams 3k per match and 4.5k for cup ties) then that still means we will need to fill another 7k of seats. Whilst there is some pent up demand, my guess is that there will be c4k available on a match by match basis and given that the family stand is about 2k then a natural turnover of say 15% per year (300 people) should be easily rehoused.

so why could we not rehome 15% of a 14-18 stand?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Shouldn't be a problem if they expand the ground. The obvious solution in the meantime, as someone said, would be to offer the family the pick of available seats (most likely in the two areas which are currently offering match-day tickets). This would mean the number of match-day tickets available would gradually decrease, but this won't matter once they fill in the corners or add the second tier to the East.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If it really were a problem to relocate people, they could always shrink the family stand element, and move the non-family standers to the space added to the general East Stand... that would keep the revenue situation fair, and not be a major move for anyone (perhaps they all shift a few seats to the right as they look at the pitch).

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
[/QUOTE]

At the end of each season family stand season ticket holders, who no longer qualify for the family stand, will be invited to take their pick from the seats available, for the next season. These will come from the current float of available seats to be purchased on a match by match basis in the East Stand and from non-renewals elsewhere in the stadium (excluding those fancy buy your own seat arrangements).[/QUOTE]

I was told the same and was assured if no seats are suitable then we would keep our seats in the family stand until they were. On no account would we be expected to take seats that would split the family up.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Another reason i chose the East Stand, and a better seat for my kids...
Pay a bit more sure but in the longer run way less aggro and as I say a better seat.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Pay a bit more sure but in the longer run way less aggro and as I say a better seat.

this. My son is 16 in December, I didn't want a) the upheaval of moving seats next season b) the possibility of no suitable seats c) paying full price for him next season whilst still in the family stand.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009

At my presentation it wasn't particularly clear on what happened when you no longer qualified for the family stand, I queried with the sales girl who called over a manager type, the upshot was they were not wholly sure except that you could not stay in the family stand. The consensus was that you would be relocated if possible, but as we have five seats together it could be difficult to manage this, if there were no seats anywhere then you went on the waiting list. For this reason I opted for seats on the other end of the East Stand with a significant cost difference. I'm quite looking forward to rocking up on the 6th with 3 under 10's and waiting for the moans about me not being in the family stand where I belong.

Last edited:

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011

We are a group of 5 (2 Dads and 3 boys). When we brought up the issue of the oldset boy reaching 16 we were told we could either "try" to move elsewhere, or pay full price for the 16-year old and stay in the family stand another year until the next boy was 16. We took the same choice as Marshy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here